I think it's going to do it!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
I bought this emersonii seedling from Orchid Babies in April 2005. Growths have come and gone over the years, but it's presently up to 4 growths. Leaf color and substance seem good, and I see good looking roots around the drain holes in the pot. I think this spike (its first attempt) is going to make it. Keep your fingers crossed!

If it's gone this far, it will make it. Enjoy the fragrance when it opens!

Well done. Don't forget to show us the opened flower. My em. is about 1'' across :rollhappy:

I always feel like I'm going to jinx the plant by posting a bud progression. "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" kind of thing. But this one is showing good momentum although it put up the first bract about the middle of November, and then just parked on it.

This plant has a leaf span of just under 12". About 3 years ago when I was first playing around with Mg spiking it really took off for both leaf color and length. Adding back some of my super hard well water into my RO irrigation water added more improvement, and finally the K-lite starting early last year got it to add 2 new fast growing growths.

Update

Bud formation is going pretty fast not. The spike/bud twisted around to face the morning light.

Attachments

• emersonii bud update 3_17.jpg
    emersonii bud update 3_17.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 29
Back