I ran into Leo at the U.S. Botanic Garden!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
He wasn't very talkative.

leoeo9.jpg

so did I! This is from a year ago - think the ID is correct? The plants at the USBG often walk away from their tags.

it *should* be the same. My photo is also from the USBG. One year ago, Jan 15, 2006. I LOVE this flower!!!

yeah.... I used to wonder if they kept the orchids there year round, or if they cycle them in when they bloom. Now I know.....

The orchid room is horrible for taking photos. I must have taken hundreds in the past few years and not too many have come out.

MoreWater said:
yeah.... I used to wonder if they kept the orchids there year round, or if they cycle them in when they bloom. Now I know.....

They apparently have a lot of space off-site for growing and blooming stuff.

Hey Kentuckiense, normally I would be talking your ear off or laughing loudly and causing general mayhem & embarrassment. Last time I was in DC was in 1992, my first public speaking engagement. (not my best talk by a long shot, but it was a start) Glad my more silent avatar has made it there. My friends Bob and Lynn Wellenstein made and named that cross in my honor, and I really like it. Some clones are really dark, and very smooth. The first grex was triploid, using the tetraploid Andean Fire 'Michelle Lee' and a really nice 2N richteri. I would love to breed on if I could find a 4N clone of myself. 'finding a clone of myslef' Sounds a bit weird doesn't it?
Cheers
Leo (yes, that Leo Schordje)

Jon, I have a conflicting date, I'm doing a lecture in Oak Park, IL the same Feb 18 weekend of the Dayton Show. But I will be down in the Columbus-Dayton area sometime this spring. Likely for the Columbus Show.
Leo

Latest posts

Back