I need help

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this cattl. gigas S/a one year ago as a nfs plant.Not was cheap so i need advices.It has two flowers, first time bloomer, but both flowers have no lateral nor mid lobes.Pics attached.

Attachments

• 20201117_135408.jpg
    20201117_135408.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20201117_135427.jpg
    20201117_135427.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 17
The lateral lobes etc appear to be there. But looks like chewed by something ------ an insect chewed some - maybe - unless it's just that sort of appearance due to the angle.

Also, are the flowers still in the middle of unfurling?

Attachments

• sidelobe.jpg
    sidelobe.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Thanks for replies.It should be c. gigas s/a Katia.First time bloomer, it has two flowers, both the same.I decided, I will wait for next blooming, if flowers will be the same, plant will fly out with garbage.Otherwise plant seems to be heathy.I will take a pic about a plant from the same seedling soon.

The lateral lobes etc appear to be there. But looks like chewed by something ------ an insect chewed some - maybe - unless it's just that sort of appearance due to the angle.

Also, are the flowers still in the middle of unfurling?
It is not chewing.Both flowers are just the same and both lips were incomplete just after opening.

That is a bummer especially since you paid a lot for it. There isn't much you can do other than to hope that the next bloom will turn out normal.
By the way, I though gigas and hardyana were the same thing?
I'm nursing two Cattleya warscewiczii. hopefully they will bloom out nicely one fine day!
I like this style of Cattleya flowers the best, skinny and large! Very elegant.

True! The whole lot of us a channeling our good luck together. So chances are ----- next time that your flower opens --- next bloom ....... 100% spectacular. Looking forward to the pics already.

To be able to see some nice white and bright pinky magenta and colours ------- is actually quite nice too! But next time ------ I'm going all-in ----- all-in for all-systems-go.

Last edited:
Back