I need a new lab

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This saga has become so ridiculous that I feel like I really should share at this point, the lab is Troy Meyers Conservatory. He has owned up to failing with 22 flasks of my anitum, apparently 21 of which were mother flasks and says he didn't inform me because it never occurred to him that I would want to know. If even a fraction of those plants had developed it would have been tens of thousands of dollars worth and it just floors me that it never occured to him to stop wasting my seed and get my input. Of course now that I've asked him to return my remaining seed to try another lab there is none left.

Screenshot_20230214_140533_Gmail.jpg
Screenshot_20230214_141017_Gmail.jpg

That's a bummer. I have only sent Troy one pod, (C. purpurata) and not been through the full process yet.

I use Orchid Origins for most of my stuff. I have tried Dr Bill too but he has gone a bit unresponsive. I mostly do Cattleyas though.. My stupid paphs dont bloom often enough to cross them.šŸ¤£

That's a bummer. I have only sent Troy one pod, (C. purpurata) and not been through the full process yet.

I use Orchid Origins for most of my stuff. I have tried Dr Bill too but he has gone a bit unresponsive. I mostly do Cattleyas though.. My stupid paphs dont bloom often enough to cross them.šŸ¤£

I talked to Bill a while back about cloning a plant of mine but he wasn't able to take it on, he has a pretty full schedule between doctoring and orchid stuff. I'm going to give Orchid Origins a shot this year, they seem to do good work based on the fedback I've received here and privately.

I got what was left of everything I sent in, in three years he managed two flasks with viable plants and then killed one of them by neglect.

Wƶssner Black Wings x Yang-Ji Hawk
20230217_105235.jpg

Wƶssner Black Wings x anitum may yield a few good seedlings if shipping didn't beat them up too much.

20230217_111544.jpg

I'm tired of the lab I'm currently using killing everything I send in, who is trustworthy with Paphs in the US?
I will be happy to help!

I just started up a new orchid lab, but have had 16 years of experience. I have done lots of Paphiopedilums and Phragmipediums. You can send me an email at [email protected] or look me up on Facebook: Clearwater Orchid Laboratory.

Robert

Latest posts

Back