I love Vietnam orchids - My collection of orchids

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dendrobium draconis
Nhatdiemhong1.jpg

Dendrobium moniliforme
Trucngoc2.jpg

Dendrobium tortile
Xoan.jpg

Dendrobium lituiflorum
Hoangthaokennh4.jpg

Dendrobium chrysotoxum
Hoctapnhatxa.jpg

Dendrobium amabile
Kieutimhue1.jpg

Dendrobium nobile (May be)
Duigadet2.jpg

I thought draconis has a red mark, maybe yours is an alba draconis?
and your nobile flowers are very beautiful. quite full & not droopy

Yes! I think it may be an alba for its pure white and little red mark. Thank you very much.

It is not draconis but a kind of virgineum/kontumense that comes from Moc Chau etc... In fact in culture there are not so many plants of virgineum/draconis/kontumense, and williamsonii/cariniferum/schrautii, but from wild plants, we have a lot of impossible to sort out plants.

There are even some mysteries, I bought back the dendrobium daklakense used to describe the plant, but none ever came again. Same for dendrobium vietnamense, I bought one division ( the remaining is in Germany as far as I know), never appeared again. Dendrobium bellatulum, margaritaceum, christyanum, always come mixed together, even two species growing in the same clump, but each species bloom after the flowers of the previous one are long gone, and the flowers of the next one are not yet formed. We usually have first bellatulum, then margaritaceum, then christyanum...

The nobile is indeed very good. The Vietnamese nobile are amongst the best nobile you can ever think of, especially the ones from the north-north, Cao Bang, etc...

It is not draconis but a kind of virgineum/kontumense that comes from Moc Chau etc... In fact in culture there are not so many plants of virgineum/draconis/kontumense, and williamsonii/cariniferum/schrautii, but from wild plants, we have a lot of impossible to sort out plants.

There are even some mysteries, I bought back the dendrobium daklakense used to describe the plant, but none ever came again. Same for dendrobium vietnamense, I bought one division ( the remaining is in Germany as far as I know), never appeared again. Dendrobium bellatulum, margaritaceum, christyanum, always come mixed together, even two species growing in the same clump, but each species bloom after the flowers of the previous one are long gone, and the flowers of the next one are not yet formed. We usually have first bellatulum, then margaritaceum, then christyanum...

The nobile is indeed very good. The Vietnamese nobile are amongst the best nobile you can ever think of, especially the ones from the north-north, Cao Bang, etc...

From your point of view, I am very appreciated to your instruction on the name of the below;

Nhatdiemhong3.jpg

Back