I love this

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't be fooled by the color -- it's way too red/magenta. You can tell by the white that's pink. Nonetheless, it is a lovely flower.

Not bad :) I'm not much of a hybrid fan, but I do like the spotting. I wonder if the color is supposed to be more like this:

tempbellhybrid(jpn).jpg

Once I started playing around with the color, all sorts of variation seemed plausible... but SlipperFan is right, the original photo is poorly exposed and the color balance seems a little messed up.

- Matt

What I like best is the patterning on the flower, the colors almost seem inconsequential to me. I like the white bands along the edges, and the different spots that gives it an almost wildcat appearance.

gore42 said:
Not bad :) I'm not much of a hybrid fan, but I do like the spotting. I wonder if the color is supposed to be more like this:

tempbellhybrid(jpn).jpg

Once I started playing around with the color, all sorts of variation seemed plausible... but SlipperFan is right, the original photo is poorly exposed and the color balance seems a little messed up.

- Matt

You got it, Matt! It looks very similar to what I got by working on the levels and color balance. I think it is actually a little darker in the red -- maybe therefore not quite so intense a red. It really is quite nice. I sure wouldn't mind having it in my collection!

wow, what a difference in color between the two photos.

i love the "bleeding". it is sort of a gory flower, but very appealing.

Latest posts

Back