I Love Lockhardtia

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NYEric

Reaction score
2 of the 5 types I have.:)
P6081105.jpg

P6081106.jpg

Eric, we love you, but do you see that it's not in focus. Like not even a little bit. Ok the flower you weren't focusing on is actually in focus.

Try this...

a) back the lens up a bit, take the pic, then zoom in and crop in a photo program if you want that close-up look for the photo. Of course that requires some decent megapixels, and a steady hand.

or

b) if you have it, turn on the macro mode (as people have said before, its usually the button with the "tulip" icon) or buy a new camera with macro mode

or

c) draw us a picture of your plant and scan it.

:)

I used to do really well with Lochartia oerstedii...now I don't have it...I forget why...probably traded it away...Take care, Eric

Eric
Its hard to tell from the pics, but what is the size of the top flower, and what species is it.

I have an "unidentified" lockhartia species that looks kinda like that one if the flower is itty bitty.

The top photo is Lockhardtia micrantha; the flower is a little less than 1/8". The camera was on the macro mode, set for close-ups! Luckily these bloom repeatedly so when I get a better camera I will be able to get better bloom photos. I have 2 other species in bud, all are OK except my L. obtusata.

I've got a couple different macro settings(tulip) on mine. I've got no frickin' clue what they mean since I don't do manuals. There's like 6 different settings like MF(tulip), AF(tulip), s(tulip), s(tulip)MF etc. I usually just toggle between them all until I can get one that focuses in on what I want.

When I used the Micro tulip setting it automatically uses the flash - reflectively whiting-out the flower, the other Macro tulip setting automatically focuses behind the flowers. I just have to wait to get a better camera, or stop buying orchids..NOT! It sucks because I have about a dozen cool Pleuro and Lepanthes species w/ teenie-tiny flowers.

You should be able to disable the flash. I usually disable it doing macro photos. On my camera theres a little lightening button that I press and then can toggle between selections like auto, on, off, slow etc.

Back