I know I said they’re not my favourite..

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is for Dr Leslie. Percivaliana isn’t my favourite species, but when you spot a bargain...
This is an eBay purchase that arrived today in frosty weather. Fingers crossed, no heat pads. When someone is offering a decent plant of cattleya percivalliana ‘summit’ for £29.99, it may be worth taking a risk. It’s very cheap. It arrived with a well developed bud!
57EF7842-81E3-4024-AE3B-ECB8AECC05A9.jpeg
So now we will have to see
1. if the plant has any reaction to the cold weather during posting ( it was local, so maybe 2-3 days in transit)
2. Will the bud survive and open?
3. is the plant what it claims to be, or just a normal percivalliana?
The plant is well rooted in a net pot, is a good size for the price, even if it were not summit. The leaves look ‘right’ for the species.
The joy of a random eBay purchase!
David

When someone is offering a decent plant of cattleya percivalliana ‘summit’ for £29.99

Fingers crossed that it is percivaliana 'Summit'! The nice thing is that it has a bud already. And it may well be percivaliana. And there is time for the buyer to provide ebay 'feedback' ----- and hopefully the feedback will be good once the bud opens.

And did the seller provide photos of the flowers from the old spikes/sheaths?

Just check to see if the seller really did put two L's in percivaliana. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The single ‘l’ or double ’l’ is down to autocorrect! I do put single ones down now but unless I check, things happen!
I won’t be posting feedback until the bud opens.
Hopefully it will happen soon,
David

Dr Leslie,
I’ve found that I have a lack of blooming catts around Christmas as I’ve moved to more species.
I will just have to put up with the poor scent, but it is not very noticeable. You have to really sniff ‘Oreo blanco’ hard to get any scent at all!
Southpark, who is Storm boy 1976? Never heard of them.
David

Dr Leslie,
I’ve found that I have a lack of blooming catts around Christmas as I’ve moved to more species.
I will just have to put up with the poor scent, but it is not very noticeable. You have to really sniff ‘Oreo blanco’ hard to get any scent at all!
Southpark, who is Storm boy 1976? Never heard of them.
David
I actually do not mind the scent. I just think medicinal rather than crushed caterpillars lol.

Back