I killed my one and only phrag bess

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bwester

Reaction score
As if my week could get no worse (why I havent posted in a while by the way), I get back in town this weekend and my one and only phrag besseae is DEAD :sob: This may not sound so aweful to yall but I havent killed an orchid yet and thats not the one I wanted to be first. GRRRR!!!! I have other besseae hybrids but am now very cautious to try the species again. Sorry yall, I just had to vent :(

sorry to hear it Blake... if it's any consolation, many of us have killed much loved 'chids!

Blake, I am sorry to hear that. When it rains, it pours. I hope things start to turn around soon.

I would definitely recommend giving up entirely and sending all your remaining orchids to me. PM me and I'll send along my mailing address.

kidding! I just lost my sargentianum to crown rot, so I know how you feel...

--Stephen

what happened? believe me, we've all been there...just gotta figure out what went wrong and when the time is right, get another one.

Blake,

lrgsym18fn.jpg

Your friend,
Zach

Blake, if it will make you feel better I can post the photo of me in the Kovachii suit again. Huh? Huh? Maybe someone can animate so I do a funny little dance in the flower suit. Come on, you know you want to see that.

PHRAG said:
Blake, if it will make you feel better I can post the photo of me in the Kovachii suit again. Huh? Huh? Maybe someone can animate so I do a funny little dance in the flower suit. Come on, you know you want to see that.

I think if we animate, it should be a bud to bloom photo...haha
I really didn't think that was you.
That took guts you know....in the other photos there were no glasses...so I didn't recognize!

It's never fun to lose an orchid. I always have a hard time throwing out anything that might just have a tiny spark of life left in it.

Geeze, Zach, how many plants do you have now? When did you add that besseae?

adiaphane said:
Geeze, Zach, how many plants do you have now? When did you add that besseae?
A couple of weeks ago. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Can we still be friends? I want to make this work.

kentuckiense said:
A couple of weeks ago. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier. Can we still be friends? I want to make this work.
Well, I don't know. I feel betrayed now. You might as well fess up to everything. I guess I can forgive you... especially if you send me that Mexipedium you've got. :evil:

Well, it was doing just fine. Potted in s/h. Then, it became posessed by satan, or possibly some sort of bacteria. And then it turned brown and died. :sob: I would like to see the Kovachii suit again :)

It's like the 1st dent in a new car!!!!
If you've only killed one you are now officially an orchid grower!!:evil:

No wonder Heather likes Mosi so much... she's been parading as a kovachii!

Latest posts

Back