I just spent my largest sum on one single orchid

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paph. sanderianum 'Rupunzel' AM/AOS from Zephyrus Orchids (On sale for $19,999) :)

-Pat

It's time to fess up. My wife Donna saw a sign that stated they had paph. sanderianum for sale and said I could buy one. So, I asked John to show me what he had. He had a sanderianum x sib ('HS Select' x 'Bear Select') that he had received into his stock in June of this year. It is the largest one I've seen to date with an 11" leaf span, so I went for it.

I also bought a hugh single growth roth.. John was told by the seller, that the parents were hugh, but he didn't have the parents clonal names.

Naturally, many more followed me home.

So how about the pictures! :)

P. sanderianum can easily exceed a 11" leaf span... is it a seedling or blooming size plant? Nice purchases!

-Pat

Mahon said:
So how about the pictures! :)

P. sanderianum can easily exceed a 11" leaf span... is it a seedling or blooming size plant? Nice purchases!

-Pat

According to Sam Tsui, NBS is at least 14" and BS is about 16and up.

But I'm getting pretty excited now that a seedling I bought from Sheerwood orchids (Fall 2002) just cleared 14".:D

Am I nthe only one who noticed that there was not a dollar value or price noted. If it was the one for $19,999, I'm sending the loony van for you.

$150 was the price tag. Due to the once a year sale that was in progress I also got to pull a ticket with a percentage you would get off of your total purchases. I pulled 15% but I spent so much money their over the last year I had a card that allowed me 20% off. Then of coarse Uncle Sam got his 6% in tax.

$150, that's a good amount. If it was some EYOF 3rd gen. besseae x dalessandroi x Asuko Fischer type Phrag I might do the same. Anyway, you cant take it w/ you; just pay the bills [electricity, food, etc.] first. Enjoy.

Back