I have a garden as well and now spring has sprung even here

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bjorn

Reaction score
A small section of it

The red is tulips that is about to finish

And in front are a few trillium, I particulaly like these trillium grandiflorum 'Snowbunting'

I have some cyps as well, but its to early for them...

Those are a new trillium variety for me. Nice! What zone are you in?

Its a darn expensive variety of trillium grandiflorum. Shold go in most mid-west states in the US. i am in Norway, climate is perhaps similar to your zone 5-6but winter lasts longer. But very nice indeed. Bit like gardenias.

Lovely place!!!

Bjorn, are the plants with the big leaves Cynara (2nd pic, right hand)?

Lovely place!!!

Bjorn, are the plants with the big leaves Cynara (2nd pic, right hand)?

ItS actually a rather smallish example of a rhubarb, Rheum palmatum. They can get impressively big so this one is smallish although it has been there for a number of years. The soil is peat so perhaps not so nutrient rich?

Its a darn expensive variety of trillium grandiflorum. Shold go in most mid-west states in the US. i am in Norway, climate is perhaps similar to your zone 5-6but winter lasts longer. But very nice indeed. Bit like gardenias.

The typical T. grandiflorum only has 3 petals, so this variety with multiple layers of petals must be extremely rare.:wink:

How do like your rhubarb Bjorn? In pies or with strawberries?:drool:

The typical T. grandiflorum only has 3 petals, so this variety with multiple layers of petals must be extremely rare.:wink:

How do like your rhubarb Bjorn? In pies or with strawberries?:drool:

The grandiflorum is a 'plena' type. Not that rare, but they are infertile(normally) and have to be propagated by cuttings. And trillium cuttings are very slow. A bit like orchids;)

Should not attempt to eat a rheum palmatum, might not be poisonous but...:confused: The other kind is delicious in pies, or here in Norway a specialty is rhubarb soup(sweet) to have together with fried mackerel.:)

Latest posts

Back