I did it!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cdub

Finally married my high school sweetheart. June 30, in Burlington, Vermont. The day was absolutely perfect.

wedding1bne8.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS and best wishes. Thanks for posting the wedding picture. What a handsome couple you are, I love the big smile on your face

I know I've asked this before but, are you from Burlington? We just hired a guy from there to run our Plant Conservation Volunteer program....and we have a Conservation Fellow from there also...

Yup, grew up in Burlington (mostly). Seems to breed plant conservationists, I guess. I'll be moving back there in a short while. I will be working with the VT Wildflower Farm on starting a native seed production initiative, as well as cultivating a woodland garden similar, but smaller in size, to the "Garden in the Woods."

Yup, grew up in Burlington (mostly). Seems to breed plant conservationists, I guess. I'll be moving back there in a short while. I will be working with the VT Wildflower Farm on starting a native seed production initiative, as well as cultivating a woodland garden similar, but smaller in size, to the "Garden in the Woods."

Oh, wow, that's great to hear! When do you start? We've been expanding our propegation efforts, and actually getting outside contracts for green roof production at Nasami. If you get there and end up wanting to talk to someone out there about our experience, or horticulture people here, let me know.

Why only the first year?

You will brush me off when I say this, but no matter how long you have been together or even if you have been living together, in the first year something in the mind grasps the utter finality of it all and begins to work a number on both of you. It'll happen. I promise.
On a more serious note, my wife and I are going on our third year and have had to see a counselor on several occasions to work through things no one could foresee. The concrete reality of that sort of vow can make every small thing that you probably never even thought twice of before seem like the end of the world. Your mind is always in the background saying "what if its always like this?" And that can subconsciously lead to lots of problems that can quickly get out of hand.
The most important thing I can tell you is never be afraid to ask for help.

Congratulations! I've been married for 25 years....so I'll refrain from the marriage jokes I'm tempted to make....until you've had a couple of years under the belt! Take care, Eric

Cdub,

Congratulations! Let me be the first to say what everyone's really thinking: she's a honey. :) Cheers!

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back