I.D. Please

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

keithrs

My wife bought this Phrag. last year but it had no tag to I.D it.

IMG_0466.jpg
IMG_0467.jpg
IMG_0468.jpg

I'm thinking as cute as can be!
Do I dare ask? Is this the unnamed phrag for the auction?

So, Phrag schlimii v. wilcox, Phrag. april fool, and Phrag. Cardinale all look the same to me.... :confused:

This what it looks like about a week after it opens... SD Zoo list this as a Phrag. schlimii v. wilcox

phrag_schlimii_v_wilcox_01.JPG

I would agree that it not a true schlimii. I have one and the growth habit and flowers are much too different.

So, technically I can call ether a schlimii v. wilcox or a cardinal 'wilcox' since there both awarded plants?

I'm also seeing listed as Phrag. schlimii v. Cardinale 'Wilcox'

IMO you should called it only Cardinale....

It is not a good idea to call it Cardinale 'Wilcox' since many clones (divisions) are similar!

Here is a Cardinale clone I grow since a few years. It is called 'Lisaa'

PhragmipediumRachel_web2.jpg

PhragmipediumCardinaleLiisa_web-1.jpg

PhragmipediumCardinaleLiisa_modifi-.jpg

PhragcardinaleLiisa_modifi-1.jpg

Last edited:
Phrag. cardinale is then.....

Thanks for your guys help..... Much appreciated!!!!

It's not schlimii. Don't call it schlimii at all. Perpetuating a stupid mistake made by a bunch of judges is not something that you should want to do. Call it Cardinale because that's what it is. But, you don't know that it's the 'Wilcox' clone since it came without a name tag. So, ethically, you can't put the 'Wilcox' clonal name on it.

EDIT: I posted my comments from page #1. Now, I've read on page #2 that others have said pretty much the same thing.

BTW: Erythrone, there's an "e" on the end of the name....it's Cardinale, not Cardinal.

It's not schlimii. Don't call it schlimii at all. Perpetuating a stupid mistake made by a bunch of judges is not something that you should want to do. Call it Cardinale because that's what it is. But, you don't know that it's the 'Wilcox' clone since it came without a name tag. So, ethically, you can't put the 'Wilcox' clonal name on it.

EDIT: I posted my comments from page #1. Now, I've read on page #2 that others have said pretty much the same thing.

BTW: Erythrone, there's an "e" on the end of the name....it's Cardinale, not Cardinal.

Sorry

Yes sir.... Will do.... I'm happy to find out what it is!!! :clap:

Erythrone, Your going to hear about it now!!!!:poke:

Get the belt out!!!! :evil:

Latest posts

Back