I could not help myself...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's awfully nice of you to sing my praises here, Craig! The painting will be at your place on Monday or Tuesday.

I may as well share with you guys the same explanation of this piece I gave Craig:

"Autumn Dryads was inspired by a fall view from my drawing board. Past the oaks and maples changing color at that point is the Mississippi and, on the other side in Illinois, industry stacks emitting foul things. “Autumn” refers of course to the time of year and what the dryads were “wearing” then, but it also alludes to the status of trees and nature in general."

There's quite often a subtle but still meaningful-to-me reason I undertake a piece. In the end though, it's about form, color and what it means to you.

Joanne,

You will find Robin very nice and she has been prompt in answering my inquiries about her work. I absolutely love a lot of her stuff.

Some of my friends think I'm such a snob about art work, but I just prefer to have original art work to having prints. I can't always afford it, but it's what I prefer. I'd love to have a couple of other pieces of hers too, however, the one I chose reminds me of something, but I can't put my finger on it.

It's the first time I've ever purchased art work without seeing it in person and my partner about had a cow when I told him that I did it. However, I completely trust that if it gets here and I don't like it (highly unlikely I'm sure) Robin and I will work it out just fine.

I can't wait for it to get here! :drool:

Craig

Craig, you’re very sweet…I anticipate you and yours being pleased. The universal response (minus one person whose husband didn’t like the dark greens in a cymbidium-inspired piece) has been that the work is markedly nicer in person—the incident I mentioned is the only return I’ve ever had, and I’d be hard pressed to estimate how many sales there have been since I became a professional artist without looking at my tax records! As implied, it is my policy to accept returns—it wouldn’t make me too happy to have my work in the hands of someone who wasn’t excited about it.

Much to my surprise, the piece arrived today. It is even nicer in person than on line. Now I can't wait to get it framed and hang it up on the walls here.

It's so nice!

Thank you Robin!

Craig

Latest posts

Back