I Can't Help It, But...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilbeck

Reaction score
... I bought a new Paph from a local store. This in celebration of getting my second Paph, Paph. Hsinying Cherry x Paph. Hsinying Maru 'Ching Hua', to send up a new bloom spike. It is another hybrid, Paph. Goultenianum ‘France’ x Paph. farrieanum album ‘Hsinying’. Here is a photo of it:

newpaph2smallnp7.jpg

Let me know what you think.

I think I'll stop for a while. It has been but eight weeks since I first logged onto this forum with, at that time, a total of four slipper orchids. Since then I've added eight more, three arriving by FedEx today from Orchids Limited including: Paph. greenteaicecreamandraspberries, Paph. moquettianum and Paph. malipoense, all in spike and lovely plants. The order I received about a month ago from Hauserman's Orchids (Phrag. besseae, Paph. venustum and Paph. bellatulum were all seedlings, so they don't really count do they? Plus two more in bloom from my local pusher. At least they don't take up a lot of space.

HEy those seedlings count still =) Nice picks. I'm still looking for a venustum too. Oakhill just listed venustum and venustum alba...but i have to start making room. Some of my moms african violets died. I'm gonna donate some phals to her windowsill :)

wilbeck said:
I think I'll stop for a while. It has been but eight weeks since I first logged onto this forum with, at that time, a total of four slipper orchids. Since then I've added eight more, ...
Yea, I know what you mean. Since I've joined the slipper forums, my slipper collection has gone from about 80 to over 200!

You folks are all wicked!!!:evil: :poke:

I may have been mistaken about not getting any more orchids for a while. I was reading in another thread about Phrag's visit to Windy Hill Gardens, which is about 90 miles east of me, and a visit there is VERY tempting, maybe this weekend. I'll never match Slipperfan or Heather, but I think I have room for a few more.

On Sunday my wife and I took a nice road trip to Windy Hill Gardens where we were greeted by Marilyn LeDoux. She was very gracious, patient and helpful. Her greenhouse and all the plants in it were in beautiful shape. I couldn't help it and came away with four new slippers. They were a Paph. sanderianum (Dragon Dance x Dark Spider), a Paph. Ho Chi Min (P. delanatil x P. Vietnamese), a Paph. William Matthews ‘Knob Creek’ (Paph. lawrenceanum x Paph. mastersianum) and, of course, a Mexipedium xerophyticum. The William Matthews is in spike, but the others are pretty small. It may be five years before the sanderianum blooms, I should live that long. I found out Marilyn is a graduate (in horticulture) of The University of Missouri, the alma mater of both my wife and I. Marilyn has been growing orchids for more than thirty years and for sixteen of them was the orchid grower for The Missouri Botanical Garden before opening her own business twelve years ago, pretty good credentials I'd say. Here is a picture of her and Phragmipedium Guardian Angel (Tower Grove x Silver Eagle), a plant she developed, named and won’t sell, it being the last she has:
marilynlu1.jpg

Latest posts

Back