I can't believe it's really happening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charles, there's hardly enough wall left to snitch
about! The elderly gentleman who cut the rock and
placed it died a couple of years ago and was still
working at 87 years old. There's very few artisans
left who can do that kind of work. I feel really badly about the damage.

Actually, we did consider a big air horn, but by the time the air horn scares the hell outta
a driver, the damage has been done.

Soooooo many cuts on the walkway!
Those paver saws are screamers!!
Pass the Advil!!!

Nice glitz.
Fine choice of materials.

Finished -- almost!

Yesterday, they completed the driveway, adding the top dressing of crushed stones and the cobble stones between the drive and the rock border. They also put in the first layer of polymeric sand in the pavers, to cement them in place. (That's why they still look white-ish). They'll have to come back when the weather is a little warmer to finish filling in with the sand. Finally, they added some good soil, planted grass seed and covered those area with that blue stuff you see to hold it al in place.

Yay!

It's starting to look like a conservatory Dot.

I'd feel guilty about not paying admission to come and see this in person:eek:

That's fantastic. Your guys did a GREAT job. Your greenhouse makes mine look like an Appalachian shack....
I'll bet not!!! But they did do an excellent job. We are impressed -- and it takes a lot to impress my husband!
It's starting to look like a conservatory Dot.

I'd feel guilty about not paying admission to come and see this in person:eek:
You can come visit anytime, no charge!:)
pretty nifty! .... do you guys play basketball? I may have to come by and play a few games of 'horse' for divisions ;)
We used to. But arthritis takes it's toll...

Just joined the forum, and I'm amazed at the work and time you've put into your greenhouse. Attention to detail is top notch. You should be really proud and you have a place to practice your hobby/business that will bring you a great deal of joy.

Jon

Update:

With a greenhouse, what are all those plants doing outside???!!! Notice almost all have hangers. I spent the better part of one day getting the plants out.

i finally decided to add lights. I've not been getting the blooming that I should have the past couple years, especially with Phrags. So I decided to consult with Little Frog Farm Rob about putting LED lights into the greenhouse. The lights we got are 50 watt LED outdoor floodlights. The electricians who installed them were impressed with their specs. I am impressed with how much light they put out, and how even the spread is. As the days grow shorter, I'm sure the plants will all be happier with extended daylight.

When it was all finished, I took advantage of the empty aisles and gave the greenhouse a good sweeping, and then the better part of a day putting everything back together again.

Thanks, Rob!!!

Latest posts

Back