I can't believe it's really happening!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Dot. With all those trees around your greenhouse I hope you aren't getting the ice build-up that we are here in the thumb. I see quit a few branches on the ground already.

The lowest branch on my large fir tree out front is attached to the trunk about 15' up, but the tip of the branch is touching the ground. I'm also keeping my eye on a massive maple in the back yard. Nothing large broken so far!

Wow, still enough light inside?? Jean
Now that the icicles are gone and the snow is off the roof, yes.
Hey, Dot. With all those trees around your greenhouse I hope you aren't getting the ice build-up that we are here in the thumb. I see quit a few branches on the ground already.

The lowest branch on my large fir tree out front is attached to the trunk about 15' up, but the tip of the branch is touching the ground. I'm also keeping my eye on a massive maple in the back yard. Nothing large broken so far!
I'm posting a few photos of what it looks like around here. There is a 1/2 inch of ice on every surface. Broken trees everywhere, and also power lines. We are very lucky that the limbs from the tall tree beside the greenhouse came down away from it. I told my husband, after another limb came down, that that tree has to go. it is just too tall and too weak.
Thousands of homes and businesses in mid-Michigan are still without power. Our power came back on after 24 hours, and our internet after a day and a half. We are still without phone (land-line). We are very glad we invested in a good generator, so we have heat in our home and the greenhouse.

Well, you (NYC) had a lovely time with flooding recently...

Here's a photo taken from inside my greenhouse. My husband said, "What a difference a pane of glass makes!"

I'd like to take those dozers plow down the apts in front of me and build me a greenhouse the size of the apts.

wow! You put the Montreal botanical garden to shame. They don't even have a fraction of what you have in your greenhouse. Amazing collection!

wow! You put the Montreal botanical garden to shame. They don't even have a fraction of what you have in your greenhouse. Amazing collection!
That's nice; but not true. A large part of the collection is not shown to the public. Denis is a member here and is one of the orchid guys responsible for their collection. They always have amazing specimen plants at the Orchidphiles show in Montreal. Hope to see you there. :)

A reply to the antisocial response to my saying I'd like to plow the apts in front of me only bcuse they block alot of light and I'd love to have me a very big greenhouse, I can grow paphs bcuse they don't require much light but theres alot of other species I'd like to grow that have different requirements, including no harm to my neighbors they are nice :)

No offense taken eric, I guess from another perspective other than my own, that statement could have sounded barbaric, I'm a little rough around the edges, bear with me, we are all orchid lovers, and probably 90 percent of us are wildlife habitat conservationists

Back