I can finally post my first bloom

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

Tikva

I've been growing since February. I bought this Phrag in spike but I asked a few people at my OS meeting and no one could point out the spike to me. I was told that I could harm the spike with bad care so I think I did well enough - keeping it going to bloom....
The bloom seems wilty to me, but I"m not going to complain cause I didn't kill it! And I do believe this is it's first blooming.
Along with one open flower, I have an evergrowing bud above it, and I MAY even have one more bud hiding beside that one. That would be amazing to me!
I'm not a photographer.

Phrag China Dragon
PhragChinaDragon7-28-06.jpg

Looks like a beauty! It will look like a whole different flower when you bloom it during the winter :) The cool temps will give it a deeper red. It's beautiful with the light colors, too!

- Matt Gore

gore42 said:
Looks like a beauty! It will look like a whole different flower when you bloom it during the winter :) The cool temps will give it a deeper red. It's beautiful with the light colors, too!

- Matt Gore

It really surprised me with how pastel it was.... that would be cool to see the change in colors. It also surprises me how limp it seems - the curls aren't very curly and the top petal didn't open up much....
It will be neat to see the change! Thanks for the info!

Gorgeous! I think the "wilty" looks is characteristic of this type of Phrag hybrid. Sometimes the petals are further away from the pouch, but I don't think yours is out of line. Keep growing it -- you have a nice plant!

Latest posts

Back