• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I am recommending a vendor for all

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just received an order for 8 BS/NBS multifloral paphs (species and hybrids) I have been searching for.

The price, shipping, packaging, condition, size, quality of these plants are amazing. The best I have ever received online in 30 years of ordering orchids.

Two were even in unexpected spike (but please don’t hold the seller to that extra).

I highly recommend Orchid Inn Ltd.
Orchids by Sam Tsui for anyone’s obsession for Paph. slipper orchids. His sanderanium and roths species and hybrids are impressive and fantastic.

Michael, thanks. I think that you may be preaching to the converted on this forum but it’s always good to hear feedback!
If I lived across the pond I would be very tempted
David
Hallo David,
If they finally reach a viable solution in the negotiations between the EU and Greater Brexitannia, it might serve you to sign up for Sam's newsmails, that he sends before going to Europe! Of course, he doesn't visit these shoes at the moment, but at some point in time our calamities must be over, musn't they (- or we go insane!)?

Best regards,
Jens
(who eagerly awaits, whether the bud growing on the one C. percivaliana will decide to present me with flowers. There is a bud - or rather a flower sheat on the other percy, too, but it doesn't seem to have developed/grown, since I received the plant in late August?!)

Orchid Inn plants are so clean and healthy!! love them.
Santa dropped off my box last week. I got two near blooming size bellatulum and he sent me in bud bellatulum.
Two other plants were near blooming size on the website but they are larger than the description on the website.
Again, don't hold the vendor to this extra every time, but I was very pleasantly surprised! :)

I got two bellatulum, one haynaldianum bred for darker colors hopefully, TB Warren and Lola Bird x roth.
I wanted to get some of the newer brachy x roth hybrids but I had to limit myself. Plus, I have enough trouble with some unwilling Rolfei and similar hybrids at hand.
I think I will definitely get a lot more plants from Sam in the future. :)

Better hurry because the rumor is Sam will be retiring in the next couple of years. Did I hear that here on Slippertalk?
Is that true?? Who else is going to be left in the Paphiopedilum breeding world in America, then?! OZ is gone. Marriot Orchids gone. Windy Hill Garden I don't think is active anymore. It is just Hillsview Gardens and then a few of very small scale breeders. Hmmm

Is that true?? Who else is going to be left in the Paphiopedilum breeding world in America, then?! OZ is gone. Marriot Orchids gone. Windy Hill Garden I don't think is active anymore. It is just Hillsview Gardens and then a few of very small scale breeders. Hmmm

Woodstream and Paph Paradise will be around. And I thought Hadley was trying to find someone else to take over Marriot?

I did not know about Marriot...

Marilyn DeLoux of Windy Hill sent her fall division and flask/compot lists in October. Hopefully she remains active. That would be another significant blow.

Woodstream and Paph Paradise will be around. And I thought Hadley was trying to find someone else to take over Marriot?
Oops! sorry, I didn't mean to create any confusion. I just thought that the last thing I heard was that he was retiring and that was already a while ago.

I did not know about Marriot...

Marilyn DeLoux of Windy Hill sent her fall division and flask/compot lists in October. Hopefully she remains active. That would be another significant blow.
I just checked the website and the last update was in July. I know she usually updates around early summer but this year I never checked on them. I heard that they were being overwhelmed with work load and some other stuff going on. Glad that they are still going.
I never got anything in email in October, though.

Better hurry because the rumor is Sam will be retiring in the next couple of years. Did I hear that here on Slippertalk?
Sam told me he wanted to retire this past winter, but is still going strong. Really enjoyed visiting with him. A true professional. I asked what will you do when you retire Sam? Grow orchids? He said no...travel!

Michael, thanks. I think that you may be preaching to the converted on this forum but it’s always good to hear feedback!
If I lived across the pond I would be very tempted
David
I know Orchids Ltd lists plants with CITES approval for export. May be cost prohibitive but worth checking out if they have what you want.

Sam has been my favorite seller so far. Super responsive and informative, and incredibly patient when things went wrong with shipping. Not to mention his plants are amazing, healthy, and well priced. 10/10 my favorite paph vendor.

Latest posts

Back