I am back!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Robert-Jan,
Last night, we received an AM/AOS on one of our Phrag. Robert-Jan Quené! As you know, of course, you originated this eponymous cross (besseae x Fritz Schomburg), and it was registered by Orchids Ltd. back in 2013.
What a nice coincidence with the timing of your post!
Congratulations on your new venture!
Is there a website or other contact? (I don’t do Facebook.).
Best regards, Kate
Oh wow, congratulations and that is super awesome! I think that might be the second Phrag. Robert-Jan Quené that has received an AM/AOS. Please post a picture, if you have one! My Avatar is also a Phrag. Robert-Jan Quené.

I will eventually have a website, but am still in the really early stages of setting up the "business" side of things. For now my email is [email protected] so you can send me an email, and I can send you details.

Robert

Hi Robert-Jan,
Last night, we received an AM/AOS on one of our Phrag. Robert-Jan Quené! As you know, of course, you originated this eponymous cross (besseae x Fritz Schomburg), and it was registered by Orchids Ltd. back in 2013.
What a nice coincidence with the timing of your post!
Congratulations on your new venture!
Is there a website or other contact? (I don’t do Facebook.).
Best regards, Kate
You might have the first Phrag RJQ AOS award! Could you post a photo, please? I have fond memories of Robert at OL. He did great breeding and lab work with many genera. I saw the original Phrag RJQ live at OL. I couldn’t get a plant of it from OL so got one from Tom Kalina and it is nearing blooming size. Robert’s original used a 4N besseae but I think my plant is from an all diploid cross.

So glad to hear you are active with the lab, Robert.

You might have the first Phrag RJQ AOS award! Could you post a photo, please? I have fond memories of Robert at OL. He did great breeding and lab work with many genera. I saw the original Phrag RJQ live at OL. I couldn’t get a plant of it from OL so got one from Tom Kalina and it is nearing blooming size. Robert’s original used a 4N besseae but I think my plant is from an all diploid cross.

So glad to hear you are active with the lab, Robert.
Thanks Terry! Glad to see that you are still growing Paph's and Phrag's! Her Phrag RJQ is actually the 2nd one (that I know of) that got an AOS award.

Thanks Terry! Glad to see that you are still growing Paph's and Phrag's! Her Phrag RJQ is actually the 2nd one (that I know of) that got an AOS award.
Robert, always cautious about questioning you, but as of today, AOS Orchids Pro lists no awards for Phrag. RJQ! There wouldn't have been time for KateL's award to be posted there.

Oh wow, congratulations and that is super awesome! I think that might be the second Phrag. Robert-Jan Quené that has received an AM/AOS. Please post a picture, if you have one! My Avatar is also a Phrag. Robert-Jan Quené.

I will eventually have a website, but am still in the really early stages of setting up the "business" side of things. For now my email is [email protected] so you can send me an email, and I can send you details.

Robert
Hi Robert,
We had one award from HOS, cultivar name was ’Pacific Heights’ and the other that was just awarded by AOS is “Ian Earle.’ Here’s ‘Ian Earle’ hanging out in the backyard with friends (a little besseae behind it for color reference, lol). ‘Pacific Heights’ is just starting to throw a sheath, but this latest growth is much bigger and stronger than the last (HOS awarded) one. I apologize for the pics, but it‘s what I have handy.

Attachments

• 28835A37-A75B-4889-9179-BC127BE72EC5.jpeg
    28835A37-A75B-4889-9179-BC127BE72EC5.jpeg
    915.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 96787883-07E2-4954-B923-C883686BBFCC.jpeg
    96787883-07E2-4954-B923-C883686BBFCC.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back