Hybrids of Paph. anitum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

Pete showed us in the beginning of june the wonderful hybrid between
Paph. rothschildianum and Paph. anitum

http://www.slippertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12521&highlight=anitum

In the springtime some other unregistered hybrids were shown in Germany

Here Paph. philippinense X Paph. anitum

PaphiopedilumphilippinenseXanitumb.jpg

PaphiopedilumphilippinenseXanituma.jpg

and anoher clone of the same cross

PaphiopedilumphilippinenseXanitumDr.jpg

A really wonderful cross is
Paphiopedilum Saint Swithin X Paph. anitum

PaphiopedilumSaintSwithinXanitumbDr.jpg

PaphiopedilumSaintSwithinXanitumaDr.jpg

In the end of may flowered also in the nursery of a friend

Paph. rothschildianum X Paph. anitum

Paphiopedilumrothschildianumxanitum.jpg

Paphiopedilumrothschildianumxani-1.jpg

This hybrid was registred as

Paphiopedilum Wössner Black Wings

Here another hybridization-example,
Paphiopedilum Duke of Earl
Paph. kolopakingii X Paph. adductum

PaphiopedilumDukeofEarl-kolopakingi.jpg

PaphiopedilumDukeofEarl-kolopaki-1.jpg

Not all the pictures were first quality but I think they are good enough for information

Best greetings

Olaf

:drool:
I think I like the Paphiopedilum Duke of Earl the most, but I wouldn't say no the the others to! ;)

I had forgotten also to show the unregistred hybrid
Paph. Nettie McNay X Paph. anitum

PaphiopedilumNettie-McNayxanitum.jpg

and Paphiopedilum Wössner GoldarmiPaph. armeniacum X Paph. anitum

armeniacumXanitumFronta.jpg

armeniacumXanitumseitlicha.jpg

Best greetings

Olaf

Dear Raymond,
the shown crosses with armeniacum and rothschildianum were made by Franz Glanz, the others I have seen in the exhibition in Dresden in the springtime.
No plant was in trade in Dresden and I think also that Franz has not sold his plants.

Bet greetings

Olaf

FYI, I have one plant roth x anitum which I bought from a german nursery (not from Franz Glanz). The label said roth x adductum 'Black' (or something like that, which was then confirmed as being anitum. The cross came originally from the Netherlands...

BTW, very nice plants, Olaf! Thansk for sharing!

Dang! all are super flowers! P anitum really puts out the best in all of it's hybrids. It doesn't look like you could go wrong buying any anitum hybrids.

Those are fantastic - it can't be long before a multi with almost black dorsal is created? Or am I wrong and one already has?

I like the armeniacum x anitum the best!

Dan

Thanks for sharing this, I really enjoy what anitum does in breeding and would love to have one someday, hopefully sooner than later. I beleive they are not allowed at this point and that is really making me drool more as time passes.

i think my favourite is.... all of them!

is anitum allowed for registration now? I have an Addicted Philip which is suppose to be an anitum cross, so what would it's new name be?

i think my favourite is.... all of them!

is anitum allowed for registration now? I have an Addicted Philip which is suppose to be an anitum cross, so what would it's new name be?

I'm sure Olaf would be across this better than me, but I didn't think any of the main taxonomists recognised anitum as a species in its own right. They all just have it under adductum. So I assume in that case your plant would just remain as an Addicted Phillip.

David

Thanks David, guess that means I won't be changing the name on that hybrid anytime soon, same with my Johanna Berkhardt (roth x adductum var anitum), Spiderman (Michael Koopowitz x adductum var anitum), Wössner Armenigold (armenicaum x adductum var anitum)... next step is to get these to flower!

Back