Hung Sheng plants

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

PaphNPhal

I'm thinking of ordering from a reseller of Hung Sheng plants. Does anyone have any experience with their plants?

Yes, I posted somewhere else that the several sets of multifloral flasks I've brought from HS, through an Australian importer, were superb. Big strong plants of 5-8cm across with good roots. About 20 per flask (no more).
I'm very happy with them.

PaphNPhal were are you located? Others might be interested in going in with you.
PLEASE new forum members include this in your post or better yet, your public profile. You could very well get more responses, some of us oldtimers get tired of asking, quite frankly I wish it were mandatory when one signs up, just list a country, one doesn't have to list town & state if they don't want to. To do so just click on your screen name, a drop down option is view public profile, you can add it thru there.

PaphNPhal were are you located? Others might be interested in going in with you.

Added my location, and I already place my order, should have it in 2 weeks. I ordered thru Ten Shin which will be in IL in April. No min. and they'll ship too. But this is the first time dealing with this company and it seems they just started selling Hung Sheng stuff in Sept. Also they're flask prices are about 50-80% higher compaered to other resellers. I'll post some pics once I have the plants.

But if anyones interested in doing a preorder for flasks at the redlands orchid show in FL let me know. Water orchids has cheap flask prices but $500 min preorder. But most likely I'll be working that weekend so I'll be there whenit opens but be gone within the hour.

i got one flask of thaianum x anitum here in Thailand.
They are super healthy and fast growers.

Ok, so I got my order. the Paph Dollgoldi x wenshanese had great roots, and the others were like the Chou Yi Yuki, with one good root. I think they sphaged the plants a little low(last photo), the niveum and the Chou Yi Yuki roots felt loose from the plant like they come off easily, but theres no way to tell when the damage was done. But overall I'd give Ten Shin a thumbs up. Can't beat Hung Shengs variety of about 250 plants(guesstimate), and 800 flasks.

I'm still on the fence about preordering flasks from Water Orchids, I have 2 flasks from Ching Hua coming this week. But those interested can check Formosa Orchids website for an idea in prices, and you can check out Hung Sheng flask list, they just added 50 more flasks. Also Water Orchids isn't going to Redlands, but I think they will be at Fairchild Gardens which is in early March so I'll have to put the order in about 2-3 weeks

Paph niveum in 2.5" Aircone, Paph Dollgoldi x wenshanese, in 3.25" pot
Paph Chou Yi Yuki, Sunshine Glory x leucochilum, Paph S. Gratrix x Sierra Lace in 2" Aircone

Paph Dollgoldi x wenshanese roots

Paph Chou Yi Yuki roots

Paph niveum, Paph Dollgoldi x wenshanese,

Ok, so I got my order. the Paph Dollgoldi x wenshanese had great roots, and the others were like the Chou Yi Yuki, with one good root. I think they sphaged the plants a little low(last photo), the niveum and the Chou Yi Yuki roots felt loose from the plant like they come off easily, but theres no way to tell when the damage was done. But overall I'd give Ten Shin a thumbs up. Can't beat Hung Shengs variety of about 250 plants(guesstimate), and 800 flasks.

I'm still on the fence about preordering flasks from Water Orchids, I have 2 flasks from Ching Hua coming this week. But those interested can check Formosa Orchids website for an idea in prices, and you can check out Hung Sheng flask list, they just added 50 more flasks. Also Water Orchids isn't going to Redlands, but I think they will be at Fairchild Gardens which is in early March so I'll have to put the order in about 2-3 weeks

Nice buy. I know Matt and bought from him lots. He's a nice guy.

Back