Hummingbird Frenzy

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick

Reaction score
Holley Cow!! There are 8 hummingbirds and a small woodpecker fighting for a position at the feeder.

I wonder what my wife put in that drink:evil:

Ron-NY said:
I have never seen a woodpecker come to a hummingbird feeder...strange. Are you going to get us some pics??? please!!

Its dark now, but the woodpecker (a hairy I belive) has been fairly regular about it.

Ill have to leave the camera out.

Woodpeckers have wrecked every hummingbird feeder I've put up! But they are so clumsy trying to feed, I can't help but laugh. I get mobs of hummers by the feeder during migration.

When I lived in San Diego I used to see tons of them now I am lucky if I have more than one pair visiting my feeder. I live in a forest but have never seen a wood pecker at my feeder. I do love observing piliated woodpeckers ...they are magnificent birds!!

Those woodpeckers...they might wanna party too.:poke:
Looks like the woodies we have around here, they're always at my feeder, they love the black oil seed, as do the cardinals.

In the summer when the bee balm is blooming I have to be very cousicous when in the area...you see when the hummingbirds are jousting...it gets dangerous. I'm happy they have fast reflexes or lets just say I would be waring an eye patch nowadays.:D

There going crazy again tonight. If I go outside one might put my eye out:poke:

I heard that if you put a suet (fat/lard) feeder out the woodpeckers will go to that rather than the hummingbird feeder. I guess while its still cool they need the extra calories.

Latest posts

Back