Hummidity

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanner. C

Reaction score
Got two questions on it. My first is 30% okay during the winter? That is the lowest percent it gets during the day with my current set up.

Question two. Is to much hummidity bad for paphs? I have some com pots and a small seedling in a hummidity dome that averages 95% hummidity. Is that to much? My thought was higher hummidity would help as they are forming new and longer roots.

High humidity with air movement is great for seedling pretty much all orchids, 95 percent in stagnant air will promote rot and pathogens

Thanks for the advice! I'll make sure to have good air movement!

As for my hummidity. Might be hard to adjust as I grow in my bedroom on a metal rack.

Really wish I had a greenhouse our actual plant room. Can't really put a humidifier in my bedroom without worrying about wreaking it.

Best thing I could try us putting hummidity trays under my racks to help create more hummidity.

I'm curious as to what the heck goes on in your bedroom that might wreck a humudifier:)

It's more so that my windows have wood frame and I'm worried about them rotting and mold issues. It's my parent's house and they don't want to take any chances on that.

Hawaii, florida, louisiana etc.. are all very humid places, those structures are just fine!!

What kind of rack are your plants on? I purchased a chrome one from Home Depot, and put a vinyl humidity tent from Growers Supply over it, and it works beautifully. It even has two zippers so you can open the entire front for watering and handling the plants.

chrome-hdx-garage-shelving-units-eh-wshdi-005-64_400_compressed.jpg

What kind of rack are your plants on? I purchased a chrome one from Home Depot, and put a vinyl humidity tent from Growers Supply over it, and it works beautifully. It even has two zippers so you can open the entire front for watering and handling the plants.
chrome-hdx-garage-shelving-units-eh-wshdi-005-64_400_compressed.jpg

That is the exact metal rack I have! Could you please send me the link to grower cover you use :)

Back