Hsinying Anita

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like a WBW - great flower and colour.
Yep. If a few of WBW and Hsinying Anita were presented before you, I bet you would have a real hard time telling them apart.
I have seen some Hsinying Anita with a dorsal that shows much more stonei influence, but usually the differences are so subtle and others will pretty much identical to each other.
I would say though, the stripes are generally "cleaner" and more consistent on WBW.

Well done! I wonder what media you are using... 2.5" pot and 5 years without repotting, I wouldn't have dared... but it pays off!

I'm lazy when it comes to repotting. Majority of my plants are a few years old in their potting mix. Many need repotting but I just keep delaying. It is my main problem but they all seem to do just fine. The only time I repot my plants is due to lack of space left inside the pot for the roots to grow more. This particular plant has packed the pot with its root. I have a lowii in bloom which has been in the same pot since a few years ago. That plant has grown so many roots that the root ball has raised the plant over the pot by a couple of inches!

Back to your question.
This plant is potted in the mix of small orchiata and lava rock (or lava rock & hydroton). I use the same mix on pretty much all my orchids which is a mixutre of Orchiata, perlite, hydroton. For some paphs, I would topdress with some sphagnum moss. I grow indoor and the air is very dry especially during the winter into spring.
When I bought this plant, it did not have a lot of roots, so I changed the ratio of the ingredients where the inorganic portion was higher than the organic. That probably helps with the potting mix longevity also. However, I usually mix in about half organic and half inorganic. Sometimes more organic. It all depends.

Also, I wait until the potting mix dries out completely before watering again. Plus, the air is much drier than some professional setting. I also fertilize lightly and infrequently. So, I think these might also contribute to slower breakdown of the organic ingredients.

Last edited:
Most live with Tyler in CA; the few I kept are 4-5in leafspan.
I wish I had one or two. The parents are just awesome quality like all your other plants are!
I had only one flask with just a handful of seedlings in it I remember.
Please remake when the parent plants bloom again. :)

Nice outcomeon your HA.
It seems to me the dorsals are rounder on the WBW then the HAs, at least the better ones people post.

Love this one was well. Low expectations can lead to the best outcomes with orchids, eh?

Latest posts

Back