Hsinying Anita

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happypaphy7

Paphlover
Reaction score
Lady Isabel x anitum

I bought this as a small seedling five years ago and potted in 2.5inch pot. No repotting since.
The plant grew quite slowly in the first two three years. Then, suddenly picked up speed and grew large in the last two years.
Finally in bloom!
The plant is a little over 2ft wide, and there is a small new growth starting.

My clumsy self managed to break off the tip, so I have two flowers. I am quite pleased with these flowers, though!
Quite large and impressive. Can't wait to bloom this again and see how many flowers it would.
I wish I had better quality photos. Sorry.

aQrXuZ3l.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty and striking, I like the dark dorsal, so dramatic! And another good-looking growth coming along too.

That's gorgeous!

I thought anitum was a bit more compact than other multis. Is that correct or am I misremembering that?

I have only seen a handful of anitum plants and they were on the compact side compared to other typical multiflorals. As you say, I would consider it a bit more compact than other multis. Other multis also come in various plant sizes (for example, I have seen a very small roth with one or two smallish flowers per spike, and I have seen a giant roth. The same with things like lowii), however, anitum in my opinion is nothing like say, gardineri which is truly compact.

The information given on the slipperorchids.info is quite interesting in that both the leaf length and the length of inflorescence are larger than any other multiflorals! How strange!!
I wonder if there was a mistake, but then instead of giving the size in the range, it only shows the maximum size, so it is possible that some individual plants of the species might grow quite big while the most stay small. I wish there was a range given for better understanding.
The information for adductum on the same website seems more appropriate based on what I have seen.
I'm not sure. Someone in Taiwan who have seen lots of blooming anitum could tell us better more accurate information about the species.

Last edited:
Well done! I wonder what media you are using... 2.5" pot and 5 years without repotting, I wouldn't have dared... but it pays off!

That is seriously nice. Some potential with that one. Four flowers from such a small seedling is amazing. Probably a good thing you knocked two of them off. Best not to stress the plant out to much given it is a small seedling.

Not a huge influence from the stonei in the dorsal.

That is seriously nice. Some potential with that one. Four flowers from such a small seedling is amazing. Probably a good thing you knocked two of them off. Best not to stress the plant out to much given it is a small seedling.

Not a huge influence from the stonei in the dorsal.

I'm quite excited about the potential as well!
Without a tag, I would have a hard time telling these hybrids apart. Some look too much alike.

Latest posts

Back