How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That link is a series of further links to evidence gathered by The Royal Society, an independent scientific organisation. But if you want to bury your head in the sand then go ahead.

"primary school level conjecture"? On the Royal Society website? This beggars belief. Are you aware of the enormity of what you write?

Your ignorance of what the Royal Society really is is worthy of the Guinness book of records.
Frederick I am scientist myself and can interpret basic scientific data myself. I don't need Royal Society.

This is a "weather" posting thread not a insolent conunderum argue blog!! Can you take it somewhere appropriate??

That link is a series of further links to evidence gathered by The Royal Society, an independent scientific organisation. But if you want to bury your head in the sand then go ahead.
Ok I had a quick look at one of those links from this independent ''scientific'' organization. This was the first or second line....''Since the mid-1800s, scientists have known that CO2 is one of the main greenhouse gases of importance to Earth’s energy balance''.

This is the kind of misguiding garbage that floods the media at the moment. Less than 4% of GHGs is Co2. The rest (95%) being water vapour and a few others. (most people don't even realise that very basic fact). So, now that you know co2 is NOT anywhere near one of the main GHGs, you also know why I find the ''Royal Society'' just as contemptible as all the other Climate Scientology propaganda outlets out there.

I don't mean any offence but most people who casually take in their climate information from mainstream outlets (the news) have not the slightest clue of reality.

Last edited:
Ok I had a quick look at one of those links from this independent ''scientific'' organization. This was the first or second line....''Since the mid-1800s, scientists have known that CO2 is one of the main greenhouse gases of importance to Earth’s energy balance''.

This Royal Society link is not written for children, it is also written by children. Between the lines of the link text statement I recognize Greta Thunberg (the woman of the year in Sweden) and her ghostwriters.
I expect, that Greta will become honorary member of the Royal Society soon. She already had an audience with the Pope.

Only one small detail: About 30% of incoming sun radiation is reflected back into space by water clouds and there is a big variation due to Variation of clouds in the atmosphere.

Last edited:
This Royal Society link is not written for children, it is also written by children. Between the lines of the link text statement I recognize Greta Thunberg (the woman of the year in Sweden) and her ghostwriters.
I expect, that Greta will become honorary member of the Royal Society soon. She already had an audience with the Pope.

Only one small detail: About 30% of incoming sun radiation is reflected back into space by water clouds and there is a big variation due to Variation of clouds in the atmosphere.
Poor Greta, the abused and confused child. Her mother said she can actually see co2! Obviously a very special child who is 15 and still told to wear big tails...you know for the public perception......
Clouds...yes there seems to be a lot of discussion lately about formation of clouds or the lack of them and the cause and we know they have a gigantic effect on temperature.

During 9/11 when the airways over the us were closed due to security concerns, it was noted that the average daily temperatures increased most likely due to the lack of jet contrails reflecting light back out. I guess it could be said ‘clouds’ or contrails could retain heat below, but maybe there is a tipping point where retained heat grows over reflected heat? I heard the temps went back to ‘normal’ when planes started flying again. And I must add this observation after 9/11 could have just been noise and not scientific fact as I didn’t go anywhere to check the validity :) .
Another cloud/heat retention story relates an article i think I read in discover magazine about why they thought crocodile fossils or such were found so far north in a place in the us, and their conjecture at the time was that it was very cloudy all the time so kept the temps warmer for them (or maybe continental shifts moved the fossil strata away from original warmer spot. But all just thoughts..,)

Today it’s low 80’s and sunny, and I didn’t need the ac on last night :O the night temps if I were still in upstate ny would have been ‘unbearable’ but here in mid Atlantic coastal it’s ‘cool’ :$

During 9/11 when the airways over the us were closed due to security concerns, it was noted that the average daily temperatures increased most likely due to the lack of jet contrails reflecting light back out. I guess it could be said ‘clouds’ or contrails could retain heat below, but maybe there is a tipping point where retained heat grows over reflected heat? I heard the temps went back to ‘normal’ when planes started flying again. And I must add this observation after 9/11 could have just been noise and not scientific fact as I didn’t go anywhere to check the validity :) .
A big amount (about 30%) of incoming radiation is reflected by water clouds back into space. Dew to strong variation of the cloud system the incoming energy also variates a lot.
The same to outgoing radiation from the earth, which also variates a lot by variation of the cloud system.
So forecast is extreme difficult (I would say impossible) if the earth is worming up or cooling down. So it can be possible that the earth is warming up for 10 days and cooling down in the next 2 weeks.
CO2 and methane have only a small effect onto this procedure compared with the water cloud system.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back