How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cloudy, rainy, high humidity but not so cold. Except phal, paphs and vandas, all others orchids are still outdoor.

We're getting snow.....lots of snow. :sob: This is way too early. I'm home from work today as the roads are too bad with the squalls and high winds. I detest winter! :mad:

Yup...pretty rotten out there! I've had enough already and technically, it's not even winter yet! That's more than a month away! Yikes! It's like January right now. Bitterly cold, windy and cloudy.....really miserable! :mad:

Yup...pretty rotten out there! I've had enough already and technically, it's not even winter yet! That's more than a month away! Yikes! It's like January right now. Bitterly cold, windy and cloudy.....really miserable! :mad:

Exactly the same here, along with my thoughts.

I'm hoping for temps higher than single digits this week.....like that is going to happen......

With the wind chill factor, -4 deg F. We didn't get that till middle of Dec last year. I hate 7 month winters...........

44°F when I awoke this morning. Looking for a high of about 60°F. Clear skies, I'll go for about a 50 mile bike ride today.

Six pages ago my wife was applying suntan lotion on me.
Now I need long johns. Brrrrrrr.

I don't think we have any members here from Buffalo, N.Y. If we did, we might not hear from them until spring....if ever! Man...they got and are getting pounded! Over half a dozen people dead already and it's not over yet. One poor guy in his 40's died in his car, which was burried under 15 feet of snow! They didn't say if he froze to death or suffocated.

After hearing all the snow groaning, I'm beginning to feel guilty about
bitchin' about a measly 18F last night. Now I feel cold and guilty. I don't
even want to see my gh heating bill for this month.

I'm in love with the name Saskatoon, Saskatchewon...lovely to say like a poem. Then I
read TDT's post and looked up Saskatoon on the map. I've now decided I'm just not
hardy enough to live there. I bet it's beautiful though.

I don't think we have any members here from Buffalo, N.Y. If we did, we might not hear from them until spring....if ever! Man...they got and are getting pounded! Over half a dozen people dead already and it's not over yet. One poor guy in his 40's died in his car, which was burried under 15 feet of snow! They didn't say if he froze to death or suffocated.

yikes! my mother from new mexico texted me this morning 'hope you have less snow than buffalo' but here was sunny though very cold and no snow. didn't know they were getting anything other than standard lake effect snow. 15'?? have stepmother and sister living in angola ny which is in heavy area south of buffalo just 1/4 mile from lake, may be under glacier (just checked national weather service forecast for angola ny next 48 hrs and wind speeds low 16 to high 35 mph, and likely snow 21-31")

Called stepmother in Angola (s buffalo) and she said they've had 3-4 feet and today/tomorrow there is supposed to be another three feet, and they've had no chance to clean up the first dump. In a few days it's supposed to warm up and rain, so Lake Erie is going to gain some nearby shore territory

Last edited:
I'm in love with the name Saskatoon, Saskatchewon...lovely to say like a poem. Then I
read TDT's post and looked up Saskatoon on the map. I've now decided I'm just not
hardy enough to live there. I bet it's beautiful though.

We are a hardy bunch, but no more than others! Here are some photos of Saskatoon in the summer, taken along our city's river, the South Saskatchewan. The Saskatchewan prairies are known for clear air and sunny skies - both summer and winter!
grass_zps96b2d182.jpg

28River_zpse98b1b50.jpeg

riverbridge_zpsf25fd659.jpg

pinkclouds_zps63450628.jpg

pinksky_zps0776023a.jpg

It's beautiful in Saskatoon! I don't think I could deal with the winters in Canada either! The arctic blasts that hit Wisconsin are bad enough! Thank goodness we're back to our 45F and soggy late fall, and grateful we didn't get buried in snow like they did in New York!! :rollhappy:

Thank you for the photos Tracey. Cities on rivers are always wonderful and
always remind me of home which was a very small town on the Cumberland
River. The city is as lovely as the name.

Was outside working today in that cold damp wind and can't get my body temperature back up. Forecast is for rain sleet and slop onto saturated ground and lots of wind next 3-4 days. Am glad for the sun we had yesterday while I was moving things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back