How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting!!!!

Here it is hot and getting hotter and hotter...! Ah, and the transition from air conditioned areas to non-airconed ones is what makes my head go crazy...!

Cold, dark and WET!! My hand is freezing just holding on to the mouse! BUT.....Shortest day of the year was YESTERDAY!!! YAY!

Stone you must be near Antarctica. :) You could use some of our heat. Unusually hot for this time of year. Hi's near 90 the last 3 days but cools off at night to 70. Not good for orchids. The ones in the garage are freaking out. Gotta keep misting them and have the fan on them. The terr. O.D.'d

We had two days of +90ºF, but it's cooling off now. I'm pleased that my greenhouse never got over 90 where the plants are -- the ridge vents and fans and shade cloth all did their jobs!

we changing from hot to extrem humidity we had yesterday 80% never seen that here before and this night strong rain, now warm and sun is comming out. Crazy as the rest of this year.

My cyps dont like it at all.

The temps here have returned to "normal" 22-25 celcius (you think I'd have the conversion figured out by now!) without the blanketing humidity.
I'm cold :(
(You'd think I was kidding, but I'm not)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Lots of rain here this month, more than usual for June. Has been rainy all weekend, but that's been good for our Orchid Show so far...

I see some ontarioan rain on weather radar heading southeast into central ny, bringing some cool with it (which will be nice). this last week at work was brutal; too much heat drying things to a crisp and watering all the time just to keep things looking sale-able (and not succeeding with some things). gets tiring running around for eight plus hours constantly watering; end up soaking wet on the outside and bone dry on the inside, no matter how much water you drink (I love clouds this week ;) )

A long stretch of low +20 C's in the forecast, with the odd shower here and there. Summer is here! Bring it on at last!! Woo hoo! :clap:

Hotter and dryer than normal here for this time of year. Should be clearing 100+F and haven't had any rain in weeks.:(

Usually we don't water the outside plants much. Mostly established natives, some of which go dormant anyway. But even much of the established stuff is showing some stress already.

Hotter and dryer than normal here for this time of year. Should be clearing 100+F and haven't had any rain in weeks.:(

Usually we don't water the outside plants much. Mostly established natives, some of which go dormant anyway. But even much of the established stuff is showing some stress already.

I have to second all of that Rick...same here. My front column is falling out of the house again!

Some locals measured temps greater than 110 today. More likely 105 was the real temp.

But at least according to my temp probes in the GH the max temp was 91.

Yea aluminet, fogger, and swamp cooler!!!!

Rick, I've been a bit worried about the temps. here 106F and the gh got up to about 90F. I have several Paphs. in
various stages in bud. I put up my 50% shade cloth and the humidity and air movement are good, but my gh has never gotten that hot...and neither has KY in my memory. Can the heat alone cause blasting?

Rick, I've been a bit worried about the temps. here 106F and the gh got up to about 90F. I have several Paphs. in
various stages in bud. I put up my 50% shade cloth and the humidity and air movement are good, but my gh has never gotten that hot...and neither has KY in my memory. Can the heat alone cause blasting?

Anything is possible, but my old greenhouse wasn't this good for cooling, and I've had stuff up to 100 for short periods without blasting.

I still don't like it.

Latest posts

Back