How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rain now but on the warm side 50s-60s at night high 70s day. Spring is here Canada geese with babies, & hummingbirds at the feeders!! :) :)

hey, canadian geese are only supposed to be in canada (pokey stick) just kidding

rainy here; actually a few days ago a ruby-throated hummingbird was trapped in one of our very large greenhouse ranges and flying back and forth looking for a way to get out. it had been quite warm so all of the vents had opened, but then cold air and clouds caused everything to close. there were hanging bags of impatiens near a small side vent so I think it came in there. it kept flying back to that spot, but no exit. it kept flying back and forth around and around, and even a few time it's path went right by my head. I had opened some of the big top vents, but when it would go up and along the roof looking to get out through the plastic, it kept to the north side instead of the open south side... every few minutes it would visit a few flowers and fill up, and then resume it's search. after about 15 minutes it must have seen the open vent as I didn't see it anymore. there wasn't a switch to control the little vents it must have entered through, as they are tied to the ventilation system and computer temp control. I couldn't risk going to the room to change a setting so the vents would open, or my boss would be asking what the heck I was doing, and wasting heat/money with all the cold air blasting in through the roof! ... I think it was worth it, and the bird did i'm sure, though others...... (smile)

dry, I have a barrel & a half of rainwater & no real rain in the forecast for the next 10 days. By the weekend we're suppose to be the mid 90's! :(

This seems to be the pattern here nowadays. We alternate dry periods, where we wish it would rain, with wet periods that are enough to get your underwear moldy. Just 2 weeks ago I was complaining about our dry spring. Now I need some sun just to ventilate my armpits.......

Pouring rain here as well along with gale force winds and icy temps. Impossible to keep the temp up in the g/house....... Not Happy!!!!!!!!

though we are near the northern east coast, we have not had as much of the rain. instead we have gotten just enough to keep things green with a fair amount of sun in between. also it has been at least ten degrees f higher than normal temps; makes it hard to keep up with the watering at work greenhouses when it is sunny and hot for so long, especially in early spring when it's usually raining. was in the upper to mid 80's last weekend when taking orchid picture trip up into the hills of vermont

Lots of unusual rain here, but apart from watering the plants there is a beauty out there...
P5250012.jpg

Its a pleasant 36 here in S Ontario! With humidity its supposed to feel 40+

While I LOVE this weather my perennial bed (complete with highly drought resistant plants and mulch) is looking a little wilty! :eek:
I will put the soaker hose on them tonite.

In the mean time I am going to walk to work :D

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Its a pleasant 36 here in S Ontario! With humidity its supposed to feel 40+

While I LOVE this weather my perennial bed (complete with highly drought resistant plants and mulch) is looking a little wilty! :eek:
I will put the soaker hose on them tonite.

In the mean time I am going to walk to work :D

It seems you like heat a lot..! I am heat & drought vulnerable.... hehehe..! Lots of heat today here...! More like summer...lol...

Hot and humid.
Plenty of biting insects, and it seems they are starving.

not any more! ;)

was at a family picnic after work yesterday afternoon near chittenango falls way up on a hill, and there were no mosquitos or blackflies at all. nice to be away from them; they are outside at my new apartment, have to see how long they hang around

supposed to be quite warm and humid today, but passing thunderstorms may have cooled things off a bit

One thing nice about living in Japan - weather is rarely unpredictable. I guess it is due to all that water around us moderating things.

Today is warm, in the high 70s with night temps in the mid 60s - perfect rose flowering season that will last only a couple more weeks. Then, the summer monsoon starts and won't quite for another 4 weeks, sometimes 6. Then the blast furnace starts in August.

It is all like clockwork here, really. The only unpredictable events are occasional extreme rain evens, an occasional drought (never last more that a month or so), and of course hurricanes.

So, its back to being "cold" again in Ontario. Tomorrow's high is only 20 degrees celcius. That is a mere 5 degrees above "freezing" on my own personal temperature meeter.

I need to move.

Latest posts

Back