How's the weather?

Discussion in 'Tell Me About It' started by Stone, Nov 26, 2011.

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

1. Aug 5, 2019 #1421

eds

eds

eds

That link is a series of further links to evidence gathered by The Royal Society, an independent scientific organisation. But if you want to bury your head in the sand then go ahead.

2. Aug 5, 2019 #1422

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

I will keep my head upright and ignore the link.

3. Aug 5, 2019 #1423

Frederick

Frederick

Frederick

"primary school level conjecture"? On the Royal Society website? This beggars belief. Are you aware of the enormity of what you write?

eds likes this.
  4. Aug 5, 2019 #1424

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

I really hope Her Majesty the British Queen does not read here.

5. Aug 5, 2019 #1425

Frederick

Frederick

Frederick

Your ignorance of what the Royal Society really is is worthy of the Guinness book of records.

eds likes this.
  6. Aug 5, 2019 #1426

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Frederick I am scientist myself and can interpret basic scientific data myself. I don't need Royal Society.

7. Aug 6, 2019 #1427

troy

troy

troy

This is a "weather" posting thread not a insolent conunderum argue blog!! Can you take it somewhere appropriate??

8. Aug 6, 2019 #1428

Stone

Stone

Stone

Is that the one frequented by David Attenborough? If you get your information from him you might run into some problems.

9. Aug 6, 2019 #1429

Stone

Stone

Stone

If people like ''Extinction Rebellion'' had their way I would be burning right now! :D

Berthold likes this.
  10. Aug 6, 2019 #1430

troy

troy

troy

Lol.. well berthold turns every thread into sensless blabber "off topic"

11. Aug 6, 2019 #1431

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

You are right Troy, what is Your temperature? That will be interesting for everybody I am sure.

12. Aug 7, 2019 #1432

Stone

Stone

Stone

Ok I had a quick look at one of those links from this independent ''scientific'' organization. This was the first or second line....''Since the mid-1800s, scientists have known that CO2 is one of the main greenhouse gases of importance to Earth’s energy balance''.

This is the kind of misguiding garbage that floods the media at the moment. Less than 4% of GHGs is Co2. The rest (95%) being water vapour and a few others. (most people don't even realise that very basic fact). So, now that you know co2 is NOT anywhere near one of the main GHGs, you also know why I find the ''Royal Society'' just as contemptible as all the other Climate Scientology propaganda outlets out there.

I don't mean any offence but most people who casually take in their climate information from mainstream outlets (the news) have not the slightest clue of reality.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  13. Aug 7, 2019 #1433

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

This Royal Society link is not written for children, it is also written by children. Between the lines of the link text statement I recognize Greta Thunberg (the woman of the year in Sweden) and her ghostwriters.
    I expect, that Greta will become honorary member of the Royal Society soon. She already had an audience with the Pope.

Only one small detail: About 30% of incoming sun radiation is reflected back into space by water clouds and there is a big variation due to Variation of clouds in the atmosphere.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2019
  14. Aug 7, 2019 #1434

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

Sorry, but I do not agree

15. Aug 7, 2019 #1435

Teresa Koncolor

Teresa Koncolor

Teresa Koncolor

ST Supporter ST Supporter

Here in New Orleans, we are back to pleasant daily rains and normal hot weather. June was extremely dry and hot.

16. Aug 8, 2019 #1436

Stone

Stone

Stone

Poor Greta, the abused and confused child. Her mother said she can actually see co2! Obviously a very special child who is 15 and still told to wear big tails...you know for the public perception......
    Clouds...yes there seems to be a lot of discussion lately about formation of clouds or the lack of them and the cause and we know they have a gigantic effect on temperature.

17. Aug 11, 2019 #1437

cnycharles

cnycharles

cnycharles

Peloric keiki

During 9/11 when the airways over the us were closed due to security concerns, it was noted that the average daily temperatures increased most likely due to the lack of jet contrails reflecting light back out. I guess it could be said ‘clouds’ or contrails could retain heat below, but maybe there is a tipping point where retained heat grows over reflected heat? I heard the temps went back to ‘normal’ when planes started flying again. And I must add this observation after 9/11 could have just been noise and not scientific fact as I didn’t go anywhere to check the validity :) .
    Another cloud/heat retention story relates an article i think I read in discover magazine about why they thought crocodile fossils or such were found so far north in a place in the us, and their conjecture at the time was that it was very cloudy all the time so kept the temps warmer for them (or maybe continental shifts moved the fossil strata away from original warmer spot. But all just thoughts..,)

Today it’s low 80’s and sunny, and I didn’t need the ac on last night :O the night temps if I were still in upstate ny would have been ‘unbearable’ but here in mid Atlantic coastal it’s ‘cool’ :$

18. Aug 11, 2019 #1438

Teresa Koncolor

Teresa Koncolor

Teresa Koncolor

Now we are back to extreme humidity mixed with heat. Still rains somewhere in the city every day but not enough to cool. Heat index is super high.

19. Aug 11, 2019 #1439

Berthold

Berthold

Berthold

A big amount (about 30%) of incoming radiation is reflected by water clouds back into space. Dew to strong variation of the cloud system the incoming energy also variates a lot.
    The same to outgoing radiation from the earth, which also variates a lot by variation of the cloud system.
    So forecast is extreme difficult (I would say impossible) if the earth is worming up or cooling down. So it can be possible that the earth is warming up for 10 days and cooling down in the next 2 weeks.
    CO2 and methane have only a small effect onto this procedure compared with the water cloud system.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  20. Aug 13, 2019 #1440

Teresa Koncolor

Teresa Koncolor

Teresa Koncolor

Deforestation has the biggest effect on the balance of that system

Draft saved Draft deleted