How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a LOT of snow this year. :sob: The snow banks in front of our home and driveway were above most cars. Finally the township came and removed them on Friday. It was getting silly.....the mouth of our driveway was shrinking as we had nowhere left to throw snow. And we're forecast to get another 15cm of wet snow on Tuesday. I'm SO ready for spring now. :rollhappy::rollhappy::rollhappy:

Starting a round of freezing rain here now. It's supposed to go on for a few hours so we have our magnolia supported....wouldn't want to lose it under the weight of ice.

I'm SO sick of winter. It can leave now.....

On a better note, I do get to go to Mexico for some golf and R&R soon. :clap:

Car temp gauge read 62 at one point along drive to work before the sun came up. On the flip side that dot will appreciate, there is a winter storm warning tonight through tomorrow, maybe 6" snow

Are we ever getting hammered with snow! High winds too so can't see much more than across the road. :(:(:( we cleared the driveway earlier...wet and heavy snow. It's blown back in and more already. :sob:

evacuations executed in 2 countys, everything downstream of feather river could flood, trains crashing in elk grove from flooding, mud slides closing down freeways for days, more rain next week.....

Stay safe Troy. That sounds awful.

Roads are closed all around us. There were many travelers stranded at the local Tims Hortons. In our village there is a network of people who take these travelers in for the night. We're hosting a young couple who were found in the ditch on the highway. Neighbours all around us have taken in others. It's a really nice feeling to help others in need. I can't imagine being stuck out in this weather. We have a pretty cool village. :clap:

Holy crap, Wendy; that sounds terrible! Really nice of you to join in the community efforts to help people. Down here, I got about 5" of snow. Then it warmed up a bit and it became heavy and wet (packing snow). The plows cleared the road and then with the little raise in temperature, the roads were soon just wet and bare again. You really have been hit a LOT harder than me. Hang in there!

Latest posts

Back