How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As predicted, the snow we got earlier melted quite rapidly. After that we've had 5ºC, then -13ºC, and a few days later back up to 3ºC-5ºC. The weather has been whacky to say the least.

We've now gotten a lot of snow and it seems it might stick around for a while this time around.

Bombogenesis.

What did I win?

:) hope you weren't planning on going to airport anytime soon

Saw estimates here for possible 7-19" of snow plus lots of wind. Work already canceled for tomorrow and if drifting maybe Wednesday. Upstate ny wouldn't worry but don't know if enough plows/drivers in this area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nj.com had us at 21-22"
Hopefully it will be fluffy.

We just booked another special.
Got 3 bedroom condo with garage for $159/wk.
I think the specials went up $30 for 2015. I'm pissed.

Last edited by a moderator:
10am and I just poked my head through the blinds and look out to see - no snow. Storm went further east and very little impact here. We all took today off from work but if no snow on roads I need to go
Sigh

A sunny 64F While I ate lunch in a T shirt drinking Moscow Mules. How bout them apples Chicago. See you in spring.

Forecast is -7F tonight w a -25F wind-chill. The green smoke coming out of the heater vent = dollar bills. Should have moved to Salt Lake City!
Heat wave! We are looking at -13ºF with an obscenely low wind chill. We had many white-outs today due to the wind blowing the snow already on the ground, plus the snow falling.

Tom you let me know when you want to switch for a weekend. I am sure I can stay busy in the GH while you shoot some rounds in Park City.

I feel for you on the GH and the heat. The last 2 winters were more harsh than I recall. I don't think I have the skin for it anymore as much as I love the place. When the time comes to sell plants to make up the difference, you know which ones I gunning for. :D

Me and my son shoveled 9" of snow today (he's 3)... Kept me home from work, even though I woke up at 2:30 to prepare. Lows near and below zero for the next few nights, wind chills well below that.

Winter is finally here in KY damnit! Snow, ice, extreme cold for this area. The greenhouse heating bill is
going to go waaay high...more damnit. Also the timer on
my heaters quit this afternoon and the weather's too bad
to get to the store where I buy my timers. That means
tromping through snow morning and evening to reset
the heaters...oh my....by hand. Oh woe! That does sound pitiful, doesn't it?!!

Winter is finally here in KY damnit! Snow, ice, extreme cold for this area. The greenhouse heating bill is
going to go waaay high...more damnit. Also the timer on
my heaters quit this afternoon and the weather's too bad
to get to the store where I buy my timers. That means
tromping through snow morning and evening to reset
the heaters...oh my....by hand. Oh woe! That does sound pitiful, doesn't it?!!

I'll trade places...we are facing -15ºF in a couple nights. We've had two -13ºF these past few days.

Perhaps I should stop whining. The weather radio is predicting -6 for tomorrow night. That's not supposed to
happen here...I've got daffodils up and in bud! Wuh oh,
more whining. On the good side, the dogs are having a
fine time playing in the snow as long as they can run back
into the house through the doggie door. The Cav. pup
is finding yellow snow very interesting, a cold butt not so
much.

It was -31C (-23.8F)....with windchill -45C (-49F) on Saturday morning. Our power decided to go out for two hours. Good thing we have a wood burning fireplace. It kept the living room nice and toasty until the hydro crews got things fixed. Right now its still -14C and the next few days aren't going to be much better. Come on spring!!!! I planted lots of snow drop bulbs last fall and am really looking forward to seeing them soon. If the snow melts enough that is. There are also two Hellebores in the garden that should be pushing up buds now; even under a couple feet of snow.

Back