How's the weather?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry peeps but it has been fantastic. I actually had the windows open on Saturday and Sunday. Daytime highs in the mid 60s in December.

We've had some sun today. Hurray! Another handful of hours to add to the impressive 8 hours of sun we've had during Nov/Dec (I'm not kidding, apparently some record was broken for one of the warmest and most overcast Novembers in some time).

Now, just to celebrate that we had sun today and yesterday, a storm* is approaching.

*A storm in Sweden is probably the equivalent of "windy" in America. We don't have storms, so whenever we get something that might break a tree or two, media goes crazy and spell the end of the world...

Played 18 today. Embarrassed w my score, but it was sure great to be out there! Didn't lose any balls, because they bounced off the water (ice!) and made it to dry land. Think Spring!

Lol
I remember playing one winter long long ago on the course where I used to work. Snow cover had been around a while and a few open patches started showing up. I grabbed some orange and yellow balls and started hitting from one open patch to another. A different time three of us were playing pre-season and it started to sleet heavily. So much so that it packed under our golf spikes and made it hard to stand/walk/hit a shot, and rolling balls on the green would quickly collect ice and resemble cinnamon rolls/pinwheels

Life seemed so much simpler back then! Work, golf eat etc start over :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes me 10 minutes to put on boots, two sweaters, a scarf, a parka, gloves and a cap on my head, only to put out the trash. And that's if I don't have to use a shovel to get at the trash can.:sob:

Latest posts

Back