Howdy from another new person...

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

Kat

Hi,
From Florida. I am pretty much new to the growing and keeping orchids.
I do like them very much and have a smaller collection now, 20 plants or so.
I am interested now in the paph slipper orchids.
They are pretty cool. Most say that Florida is not the place to have them but I am going to give it a go.
Glad to meet cha!

Glad to me you too Kat! Welcome to the forum! There are plenty of warm growing paphs to choose from. Alot of the multiflorals are warm growing.

it is realy nice to meet you! :) I grow my slippers and paphs in a house so don't be discouraged. If you get the right enviroment you can grow anything! :) I am sure you will be able to grow them too!

Bluefirepegasus

Welcome, Kat. There are lots of really good Paph growers in Florida. You could start with Krull-Smith, one of the vendors here on Slippertalk. Ratcliffe used to have a business in Floriday, but now they are back in Great Britain.

pretty new too

I'm pretty new to the orchid world too and most of my information is coming from the old AOS bulletins. and guess what? Paphs can do very well in Florida according to some old writer.

Sunsilk:D

Welcome to both from NYC. Kat the 19th World OPrchid Conference is in Miami the week of January 23-26. The next time it's in USA will be about 18 years so I would recommend you go and check it out.

Latest posts

Back