how to deal with heat stress??

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a ripper, not a cutter. But, I have gotten a little over zealous a few times and ripped a whole growth off.:eek:

Yep, I learned that also from Glen... But, I have been lucky. I never had a plant with such a bad bacterial problem. I always used a little cinnamon to prevent the chance of a problem, or cauterized the wound. This may be a old method; however, it has work for me for a long time.

C

Renegayde, you'd be surprised! Water it like normal and if it's got any live eyes left it could grow back for you. I've had this happen a couple of times where either a growth rotted off etc. and it survived.

I was always afraid to rip them off till I was at Marilyns <Windy Hill> and she was picking me out some plants and if there was a leaf that was a little dicolored or anything she would just rip it off so after that I was like ok.....so I been ripping since then....till the other day now I am afraid think I may let the leaves get a little dryer next time before I rip it......Candace hmmmm guess I will just water it and see what happens this was a seedling I had been having a bit of trouble with it has never grown good since it came out of compot it is Paph Niobe and I believe out of the orginal 4 I bought in compot there are only 2 left now perhaps 3 if this one grows back out

Oh, I thought you were talking about a phrag. Sorry! Phrags are much easier to resurrect and faster growing. If you've got no growths left on your paph odds are it's not going to survive. Even if you have a live eye and baby that sucker to death to get it going, you're looking at a several years until it would be large enough to bloom. Whereas I've been able to get an eye on a phrag grow to blooming size in a year.

Yes, but Eric she's got roots and no growths:poke: Spag it and see what happens, but it might just be better to buy another and forget this one as a bad dream:>

Physan is illegal in NY? Physan and RD-20 is just ammonium chloride variations...the same stuff is sold in spray bottles as a counter disnfectant...Oh, I also tear.....Take care, Eric

Yes, I also tear. Physan 20 was banned here in Nebraska this past spring but only until the retailers purchased a special handling license for $200. Some of them just decided not to carry it then. Our state government at work.

Latest posts

Back