How to convert tsp in ml/cc?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SuperPaph

Reaction score
Friends.

I have a doubt. Have always worked in ml or cc liquids solutions. Have bought a small quantity of Imidacloprid at 60 %. Looking for information about it use in orchids, have found a Saint Augustine Block, and there some information about the systemic insecticide use. In this case they explain that imadacloprid at 60% must be prepared in a quantity of 0.16 (Aplication rate tsp/gal).

How many Imidacloprid 60% have I to use in ml/cc, for 1 gallon, please? 0.16 tsp = ml/cc?

Thank you in advance, very much.

I think it is more appropriate if you buy an EC meter.For paphs optimal conductivity is about 400 uS.
Would you elucidate, please? I must be missing something.

For an insecticide to work, it needs to be at a specific concentration, or at least within a limited range. Unless you have knowledge of the EC/concentration relationship for that particular formulation, how can you possibly know what EC is optimal?

EC means electrical conductivity, with other words, cc of ions in water.For plants of you use some fertilizer, you have to know about its ingredients and the water what you use.I use rain water, ec is 40-80 uS.I use peters excel with ca and mg, it contains N as NO3-, so there is no organic component , eg. urea.If you use other fertilizer, you should know its Beta - ratio, because urea increase EC just a little, so you can overdose fertilizer easily.

With other words, 400 uS works at me for Peters Excel Ca+Mg with rain water.I think exact measurnent is a good way if you know the parameters of fertilizer and water what you use.

OK - there’s a couple of things that appear to need some clarity:

The electrical conductivity of a solution varies with the types and quantities of ions in that solution. If I compare the EC values of MSU WW, MSU RO, and K-Lite - all made from the same ingredients in the same factory - for a 100 ppm N solution, a reasonable concentration for weekly feeding of most orchids, the EC values are 680, 800, & 710 microSiemens/cm, respectively. Targeting a specific EC without knowing the EC/concentration relationship is unhelpful.

As far as tsp/gal being converted to ml/L, it doesn’t matter whose gallons they are as there are 768 teaspoons/gallon for both.

some more 'extra' information that 'could' be helpful...

since imidacloprid can be phyto -toxic at high application rates... (meaning it will damage your plants if you mess up your measuring...)...

i use a scale to measure those small quantities... especially if you are measuring a powder... and/or making a gallon or less

Friends.

I have a doubt. Have always worked in ml or cc liquids solutions. Have bought a small quantity of Imidacloprid at 60 %. Looking for information about it use in orchids, have found a Saint Augustine Block, and there some information about the systemic insecticide use. In this case they explain that imadacloprid at 60% must be prepared in a quantity of 0.16 (Aplication rate tsp/gal).

How many Imidacloprid 60% have I to use in ml/cc, for 1 gallon, please? 0.16 tsp = ml/cc?

Friends.

You can actually get a 1/16 teas. measuring spoon. It’s called a “pinch”. Sometimes comes in a set with ⅛ teas “dash” and 1/32 teas “smidgen. Search pinch measuring spoon on Amazon. Inexpensive. That’s probably the easiest way to measure it.

You can actually get a 1/16 teas. measuring spoon. It’s called a “pinch”. Sometimes comes in a set with ⅛ teas “dash” and 1/32 teas “smidgen. Search pinch measuring spoon on Amazon. Inexpensive. That’s probably the easiest way to measure it.
Thank you!!

I have always used 0.3 ml/L imidachloprid 60% added in my fertilyser solution. 0.5 ml/L in case of severe attacks. Here in Belgium the sale of insecticides based on neonicotinoids is forbidden.... a big problem for the friends of orchids !

I have always used 0.3 ml/L imidachloprid 60% added in my fertilyser solution. 0.5 ml/L in case of severe attacks. Here in Belgium the sale of insecticides based on neonicotinoids is forbidden.... a big problem for the friends of orchids !
Interesting! Are you not concerned about and critters developing resistance from repetitive prophylactic use?

Latest posts

Back