How many mS/cm when fertilizing Dracula species?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mafate

You know what? I'm happy!
Reaction score
Hi all, I recently acquired 2 Dracula species: Dracula chiroptera and Dracula vampira.

Moreover, I have been using for several years a Plantprod brand 20/20/20 fertilizer for my Paphiopedilum with success.

I was wondering if this fertilizer would be ok for my Dracula and if yes how many milliSiemens per centimeter would be recommended for them.

Many thanks for your help.

I have heard and read that those plants do best when the fertilizer concentration was kept to about 50-100 ppm total.

One cannot tell you what the EC wil be without knowing the EC-concentration curve of that particular fertilizer formula.

For example, here are the EC values from three different formulas at 100 ppm TDS:

MSU WW (19-4-23) 0.128mS/cm
MSU RO (13-3-15) 0.108
K-Lite (12-1-1) 0.092

I have heard and read that those plants do best when the fertilizer concentration was kept to about 50-100 ppm total.

One cannot tell you what the EC wil be without knowing the EC-concentration curve of that particular fertilizer formula.

For example, here are the EC values from three different formulas at 100 ppm TDS:

MSU WW (19-4-23) 0.128mS/cm
MSU RO (13-3-15) 0.108
K-Lite (12-1-1) 0.092
Many thanks Ray, I will try to find this curve. Regards.

Latest posts

Back