how long will this take?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philoserenus

the beauty of nature
Reaction score
soooo excited =)

yesterday when i was watering i noticed that on my Neo. falcata, two 'hands' (double spiking, :drool:) were appearing from the axis of the leafs and stems. how long does it usually take from just appearing to full bloom?

back then when i bought it, it was in bud. i bloomed it, and they faded away with time. its the same one in my display picture. this is my first time reblooming this baby ^^ pictures later when they show more ^^

you can send it to me and ill count the days for you :poke:

I have one that's in low spike...im with john..it will take about a month

hey guys, thanks =) one month eh? seems like they will bloom when i will be at war with my education, haha... and so far, itz somewhat a losing battle... T-T but hopefully a little flower to cheer me on

another question, if the leaf which whose axis contains the spike yellows due to old age, will that affect the spiking?

hmm interesting observations; is there a big difference in how they look while they are developing? i know one of the two definitely has a 'finger-like pretusions' that look like spiking.

but they seems to be growing a lot slowly the last couple of days. im thinking itz because of the damp gloomy weather we have in toronto. a couple of days ago, it wasnt bad at all, totally above seasonal.

// nick

This is my first try at a neo so I don't really know, time will tell! I haven't had any cold weather, yet & I believe that would be necessary to initiate spiking?
I jumped the gun with my bulbo.rothschildianums & both turned out to be new bulbs but that's OK new growth = new blooms at some point!

Back