• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to SlipperTalk Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

How is this seller getting away with this?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that's easy, look at the store location. They're not responsible if anything happens to the delivery. Go for it, I know some people on the forum h=who have gotten some good stuff in the mail. "play at your own risk"

Be careful though, you could run the risk of having Ag agents at your door confiscating and fining you for having illegal, Cites listed plants!
Pete

The single plant ships from Winter Springs, Florida and it states that they accept responsibility for missed shipments in US, Can., France, Japan, and UK. This is very tempting..but then I'm a part of the problem of trying to protect a specie.
It says P. hangianum nature division. I wonder if that means they went out and divided it right out of nature.:rollhappy:

--Allen--

Forget the single plant, does it really say it ships from Fla? When You write a check fror Peruflora the address is to an account here. The issue is where their store is. Plenty of people have hangianum, and if it's in a flask that doesn't affect the species in the wild. and lastly a missed shipment is not a seized shipment!

The description on the listing indicates that the plant will be sent from China. I have an acquaintance that bought some plants this way, though I think they came from Taiwan rather than China. Apparently they often ship the plants bare root and after the long trip (usually longer than the 4-5 days indicated), the plants are really dried out and in not so great condition. And yes, they claim something vague and "nonliving" on the customs form. Not sure it's worth the risk.

Susan

Chinesegreen is on Slippertalk. He posted a while back about his flasking program...Maybe he is reading this thread...

Chinesegreen is on Slippertalk. He posted a while back about his flasking program...Maybe he is reading this thread...
Agreed. ChineseGreen has gotten a bad rap awhile back but he really is working hard to propagate Paphs and others through his flasking lab from China. And yes he is a member of our forum

The single plant ships from Winter Springs, Florida and it states that they accept responsibility for missed shipments in US, Can., France, Japan, and UK. This is very tempting..but then I'm a part of the problem of trying to protect a specie.
It says P. hangianum nature division. I wonder if that means they went out and divided it right out of nature.:rollhappy:

--Allen--

The grammar is a little off, so I suspect that this should be mature division.

Latest posts

Back