How do you grow your Phrag. richteri?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carkin

Reaction score
I'm keeping mine pretty wet but the leaf tips keep going brown on mine. It was that way when I bought it but all the new growth since I've got it has done the same thing. It's my only Phrag that I have that problem with. Should I keep a little water in the saucer?

That's the first thing I'd try. Keep a little water in the saucer, and make sure the water quality is top notch.

How do the roots look and was it repotted recently? Sometimes I've had phrags that sulk a bit after repotting, and then the leaf tip die back starts, especially on newer & younger growths.

Ok, thank you. I will try a little water in the saucer and see if that helps. I was just a little worried about keeping it too wet because the roots are so much thinner than my other Phrags.
I repotted it about a year ago and the roots were good. That's good to know that sometimes the leaf tips will react that way to repotting though. Thank you!

Latest posts

Back