How big do Paph fairrieanum albums have to be to bloom?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

gore42

I just got a shipment of these guys, and I'm trying to figure out how close they are to blooming size. Their leaf span is about 5-6", I'd guess (haven't taken good measurements yet), and they have 2 sets of leaves, mostly.

This is a species that I've never bloomed before, so any help would be appreciated

- Matt

Matt,

I bloomed about 50% of mine the same size as what you're describing and some as small as 4" leafspan (barely reaching over the edges of a 3.25" pot). If they aren't in spike now, they should almost surely bloom next winter for you.

-Ernie

Thanks guys!

I guess that means I can call them near blooming size without having to worry about it too much. None are in spike at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on them.

- Matt

Matt,

I had the same results as Ernie on the few I had that were your size.

Depending on the clone and genetic, it can range from 5-6 to 12+. Although most bloom between 8-12" LS. I just bloomed a regular clone with about 9"LS last year.

gore42 said:
Thanks guys!

I guess that means I can call them near blooming size without having to worry about it too much. None are in spike at the moment, but I'll keep an eye on them.

- Matt

even bloomong size

Latest posts

Back