How about them Mets

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can see why they shortened it to the Mets. Let's hope they pick up where they left off last nite in tonight's game.

Does anyone here remember when the World Series were in September? and then a couple of years later, in October?

Good luck to the Mets!

Congratulations for a very smart series by the Royals. Definitely a team to remember. Hopefully, it's obvious to where the weaknesses are in the Mets, and they can improve on it next year to get back in it.

Royals magic... That's what they did to teams all post season. Mets offense was horrible for all but one game. This is a very young inexperienced and immature team . That entire royals team had been here before. They reminded me of the 86 Mets.

Go Mets!
Really great season.

I was told about Metropolitans some 25 years ago. I'm 50ish
Spring training in 3.5 months?

Go Mets!
Really great season.

I was told about Metropolitans some 25 years ago. I'm 50ish
Spring training in 3.5 months?

yes... we get a little break for the holidays to watch some football..the lesser sport ...(naw, I love football...I played baseball so I have more of a connection to it)

Pretty sure Murphy and Cespedes wont be resigned. They could resign Colon to middle relief (but I doubt if he resigns to being a relief pitcher) and transfer Niese to middle relief also,They did really good in those positions, but they need one or two more short relief power pitchers, especially for a setup man, Clippard failed miserably, this is where they were really stung by Mejia's suspension on PED's and Blevins twice fractured wrist. If the Mets can get back to Fmailia/Mejia as setup and closer, or vice versa..problem solved. They get Zack Wheeler back next year from Tommy John, so they have a five man rotation for starting pitching or go to four man and have Zack as a middle relief (setup) while he recuperates, but they should be extremely dominant in starting pitching. They need to replace Murphy with a better glove and someone who can hit and steal (perhaps Herrera, who maybe ready full time now). Tejada (2nd) will be back next year to cover second with Flores a backup and hopefully Flores can improve his hitting. Hopefully Wright will stay healthy..I really think his lack of performance was due to him being out 90 % of the year. They have Granderson who was the only consistent hitter all postseason..he's just like most of those Royals hitters but with power also. And they have Conforto..a rookie called up this year.He's a special kid with some real potential (he's a seattle area native), who hit two home runs in the world series back to back and can hit anywhere. The catcher D'Arnaud has potential to consistently hit if he can stay healthy, he missed half the season from a hit on the wrist injury. He needs to practice more on his throw to second also. The Mets weren't planning on being a contender this year but because the Nationals never got anywhere, they went for it mid season and made those timely trades. I think Familia will get even better and learn from the blown saves..his first year as the Mets closer was incredible, really great splitter and sinker. I think his immaturity as a closer did him in mentally against the Royals. Royals play the mental game really well as well as the physical. Let's hope they make some crucial adjustments in the offseason and when they get into spring training they focus more on being patient on making contact with the ball. They don't need to be as potent as the Royals , they just need a little more kick so they take more advantage of runners in scoring position, they lost a lot of low scoring tight games this year. Two of those games in the WS could have been won had they scored one more run in regular play. Nothing like a World Series to really bring your weaknesses to a forefront

Mets doing it again..this time with offense, defense and pitching..picking up Walker, Cabrera and resigning Cespedes has paid off so far

Back