How about them Mets

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who says the division is weak? I'm a Phillies fan and ....oh yeah.....really weak division.

I grew up watching the Washington Senators, and never did become a huge baseball fan. (Except of Harman Killebrew and Frank Howard.)

Ooh. Am I dating myself?

Oh you guys still worry about the regular season? Real baseball don't start til October...

Just kidding. We're a bit spoiled out here. Seriously though 2nd best start in baseball history, sounds promising. The Cards and Mets used to be postseason rivals when I was a kid (not that long ago). My dad still has a hat somewhere that reads 'Muck the Fets'. Out here there was a radio DJ that famously stated that the 'Mets were pond scum'.

I hope you guys take the Subway Series this weekend too. Hopefully we'll see you come October. :)

By George , i think we have a pennant race in the east..If the Mets get in the playoffs, they will be hard to beat with their pitching (Harvey, De Grom and Syndegard maybe Matz)
It was awesome to see how Flores responded to fans (and vice versa) and his game winning walk off run...and then there's Duda!!

I don't watch much pro sports, but especially not a team that blew a 7-1 lead! :poke:

as usual , letting your ignorance get the best of you, it's hard to fault you, you work with what you get ..the Mets have lost maybe 3 games after leading at seven innings...they have one of the strongest bullpens in the league and two amazing closers and not to mention probably the best starting rotation (or matched with St Louis). every team suffers losses like this, at least once a year. this was their one. then they swept the first place nats at citi...they are something like 9 wins and 33 losses against the nats at citi field in the past several years..so this is a big deal..already comparisons are being made to the 1984 Mets pitching rotation that eventually led to the 86 mets...it may not be their year this year but if they do get in (they have to be more consistent with offense).they have the pitching to win..and pitching dominates the postseason

I was glad to see the Mets were buyers at the deadline, making a run at it this year. The Flores situation was really inspiring. Hope to see you on our way to the finish line :)

Actually, I am ignorant about MLB, but I am a New Yorker. That kind off performance is not going to be allowed to slide by, even by Mets fans. Call us jaded.

oh NY fans are like any fans , fickle, with a short attention span, its not like they lost the superbowl on the one yard line..and anyway so much happened after that loss (the crowd giving Wilmer Flores four standing ovations two days later and him hitting a walk off home run in that game, the trade for Cespedis, the sweep of the Nats and the dominant pitching performance) that I doubt if anyone remembers that game now...well, except you...but than again, you probably are still mad about jimmy stealing your lunch money in third grade

Yeah, I know so...Mets are in sole possession of first place ..Mets fans aren't going to care about some outlier game that precedes a four game winstreak (BTW, Mets won 12-1 today)... And if you didn't hear about Wilmer Flores .. Then I question that you even live in NYC

Latest posts

Back