How about an IQ Test?

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heather said:
Oohhh...noooo I don't!!!

If you only knew what I *was* dreaming about....:rollhappy:

Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom covered in baby oil and wrestling in a field of miltonias?

This is what Heather was dreaming about.

bloom.jpg

John was right on point!

:rollhappy:

Marco, can you change that from "Heather, run away..." to "John, run away..." and email it to me.

I'm not an authority but I think the chances of that first one being mislabelled are much greater than it being some bizarre PEOY x sandy. that's just my opinion, there's no way you can get those thick pink petal tips with these two species. those "teardrop" shaped dorsals also go for lowii I think.

I don't know who the director of the smithsonian is, or his/her level of expertise in slippers, but remember, fully-accredited AOS judges were awarding Grandes as caudatums for years.

The staminode bugs me. I don't really know what I'm talking about, but that staminode just screams "cochlo influence!!" to me. Probably a bit too light colored for that, though.

Last edited:
Jmoney said:
I'm not an authority but I think the chances of that first one being mislabelled are much greater than it being some bizarre PEOY x sandy. that's just my opinion, there's no way you can get those thick pink petal tips with these two species. those "teardrop" shaped dorsals also go for lowii I think.

I wholeheartedly agree.
It looks nothing to me like what you say it should be, sorry, JMHO.
As someone else said, if that was a PEOY x sand, I'd trash it. Not kidding.

Jmoney said:
I'm not an authority but I think the chances of that first one being mislabelled are much greater than it being some bizarre PEOY x sandy. that's just my opinion,
I agree that mislabelling is a stong possibility. Even the best of breeders can have errors get away from them, a famous example is PEOY sold as sanderianum. I recently flowered some plants sold to me as Kee Chin Lim, they came out looking like Stella Lim. I don't think that malipoense hybrids flower pink, the green seems to be dominant. TAgs have been known to get mixed up. :wink:

I don't know enough aboiut the genetics of the parents (alledged parents? :) ) But if it looks like a duck... IMHO

gary

even worse is when it is sometimes deliberate. as far as I know those bogus flasks from Taiwan had NO sanderianum in them and refunds were not given. I can't say I'm all that surprised, the commitment to customer service is overall not nearly as strong there as in the US.

Latest posts

Back