Hotel suggestions for 19th WOC

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DukeBoxer

Reaction score
Is there anyone here going to Miami in January for the WOC? If so, do you have a hotel and is it close to where the conference is going to be?

My wife and I are thinking about going and I would like to know if someone could suggest a hotel that is not that expensive and close to the conference. I really don't want to rent a car or take taxis around all day long. Walking is just fine for me. I'd like to hear what everyone else thinks. Thanks

-Josh

Never mind, I just booked the hotel, the Sheraton Miami Mart (walmart? :)) Thats where the WOC is. The prices are $169 a night but you have to do it through the travel agency handling it or else the prices are like $219 a night. We are going the 25th 26th and leaving the 27th. If anyone wants the number PM me, or Heather, if I could post it here I will...There are no rooms Jan 23rd and 24th. Now I just need to buy the tickets, 5 one ways...1 there and back for me, 1 there for my wife, then one from Miami to San Jose, then another from San Jose to New York...

One more thing, that hotel is around the corner from the airport...quick and easy!

Plane tickets bought...I'm leaving from JFK on the 25th...so who else is going to be down there?

We're staying at the Homestead Studio Suites Blue Lagoon. It's about $110 per night, ~1 mile away, has a shuttle service to the show if the mile's too far to trudge, and rooms have full sized kitchens. About the same $ as the Red Roof which is farther away and w/o a kitchen. See yinz there!

-Ernie

Latest posts

Back