Hosta's in My Garden

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Barbara

Found some pictures I took earlier this year of a few of my hosta's, hope this isn't too long.:eek: But I just couldn't pick which one's were my favourite so I posted them all.

Hosta 'On Stage'
HPIM1450.jpg
[/IMG]

Hosta 'Jewel of the Nile'
HPIM1661.jpg
[/IMG]

Hosta 'Whirling Dervish' with Japanese Bog Primrose
HPIM1453.jpg
[/IMG]

Then there is the sieboldiana group which are some of the largest of any of the hosta family, although most of these are still young and it will be a few years before they reach full maturity. Hosta 'Elegans' has been growing in this spot for around 12 years, so last year it got to be nearly 7 feet across with all the moisture we had.

Hosta 'Aurora Borealis'
HPIM1455.jpg
[/IMG]

Hosta 'Great Expectations'
HPIM1462.jpg
[/IMG]

Hosta 'Elegans'
HPIM1461-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Hosta 'Northern Exposure'
HPIM1487.jpg
[/IMG]

What a diverse collection. They are all very nice, but I especially like the ones with the blue leaves.

Very nice! Once established, you can't beat them for easy, carefree & colorful. That primrose is way cool!!!

Thanks. To think that I didn't used to like them and now I have over 20 different varities, mostly large growing specimens.

Sorry Eric, no flowers when I took the pictures; but really, they're grown more for their leaves. Although I do have one called 'Guacamole' which has a wonderful fragrance.

Latest posts

Back