Hookerae selected

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely like these two.

I just rotted out the second one from Sam yesterday :-( maybe try again next year...
That’s very unfortunate. I’m sorry to hear that. How so?? I keep mine damn near wet all year! It’s the only way it will bloom. What’s your growing conditions and media?

That’s very unfortunate. I’m sorry to hear that. How so?? I keep mine damn near wet all year! It’s the only way it will bloom. What’s your growing conditions and media?

pretty much the same...

i have a feeling that the spot where i am growing all the low light guys is a little dead for air movement... i added a small fan there last week. since these were still in 2 1/2" pots, they are in my seedling mix.. small kiwi, perlite and stones, with some sand and chicken grit. i'm also going to throw some slug bait around in case the rot had some help getting started. i looked and still have one of the 'gigantic' selfings left.. hoping i keep it through a new growth...

pretty much the same...

i have a feeling that the spot where i am growing all the low light guys is a little dead for air movement... i added a small fan there last week. since these were still in 2 1/2" pots, they are in my seedling mix.. small kiwi, perlite and stones, with some sand and chicken grit. i'm also going to throw some slug bait around in case the rot had some help getting started. i looked and still have one of the 'gigantic' selfings left.. hoping i keep it through a new growth...
Hmmm... interesting. Mine is in a 2 1/2” Rand’s pot, and about equal parts Sphagnum, small orchiata, and #3 perlite. All of my orchids are grown in a west window of my home. I have a ceiling fan and floor fan, humidity ranges from 45-55 usually. An interesting note, I grew mine in low light like recommended for a couple years and it hardly grew at all and never flowered. I moved it to the windowsill, where it received a couple hrs of direct sunlight in the afternoon, and boom! It started growing and flower for me. And like I said, I keep it almost wet all year long, but I do have good air flow.

interesting thought about the light... i may have to see if i can move it out a little... maybe with the javanicum and sangii...

interesting thought about the light... i may have to see if i can move it out a little... maybe with the javanicum and sangii...
My Sangii is right in the window sill edge, in hot bright direct sunshine for a couple hrs every afternoon and doing great as well.

Have you bloomed your sangii(s) yet?
Not yet. I’ve had it for about a year now from a seedling. It has 11 leaves now and the last is only an inch long, with something else forming down in the apex. Hopeful of a spike!

Latest posts

Back