home-depot-ensis

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robx

Reaction score
Here are a couple I picked up at a local garden center already in flower:

P. Hsinying Rubyweb '#3' X P. Magic Leopard 'Midnight Magic' AM/AOS
(two photos below)

Ui1yad.png

Tmhkgj.png

P. fairrieanum 'Red Glen #10' X P. Hsinying Glory '#5'
(two photos below)

P1LYmx.png

TIMdIp.png

I'm a sucker for big dark flowers!

There's no denying the fairrieanum dorsal sepal on the latter cross, but I'm surprised at the size - 9cm across from petal to petal. Must be from the other parent. My fairrieanum (RIP) was kinda small, although maybe it was a smaller clone or just bad culture.

Sorry the photos are not the best - I have a ways to go in orchid photography. Everyone's pictures on here are just so awesome!

I'm assuming your garden center was Home Depot? I haven't seen plants like this in our Home Depot in Canada, nice additions.

yes, home depot, I only saw them there once last month. I even went to other stores and never saw any more.

The came from Sun Bulb Co. in central Florida, and guessing from the parents Ching Hua in Taiwan before that.

I'm assuming your garden center was Home Depot? I haven't seen plants like this in our Home Depot in Canada, nice additions.

The first was registered as Paph. Hilo Leopard.

My local Lowes got in a bunch of blooming paphs a few years back, and nobody bought them. I "helped them out" by taking 50 of them off of their hands at a buck a piece. Haven't seen any more since then.

The first was registered as Paph. Hilo Leopard.

AH, thanks! I didn't think of searching the registry with the seed and pollen parents reversed. It's a great plant. One of my daughters gave it the clonal name "Maleficent".

My local Lowes got in a bunch of blooming paphs a few years back, and nobody bought them. I "helped them out" by taking 50 of them off of their hands at a buck a piece. Haven't seen any more since then.

Nice! Hmm, maybe I'll have to add Lowe's to my garden center circuit. Now I pay a little more attention to that sea of Dendrobium and Palaenopsis they have. Maybe there will be another Paph hidden in there...

Nice pickup.

I love the dollar deals at Lowe's.
With some gentle persuasion, I found Lowe's easy to haggle with. All plants.

Latest posts

Back