Hold the presses!

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kentuckiense

Debaser
Reaction score
Is this a sheath on my delenatii x vietnamense? It sure looks like it to me. If so, and it makes it to flower, it'll by my first slipper that I bloom.

closeupjk5.jpg

However, the growth it is in is pretty small...

growthcp1.jpg

What does the jury say?

Looks more like a spike than some of the growths I have seen on my plants, gotten excited about and then turned out to be leaves.

Well, looks like the jury has come to a verdict! I'm going to have to think forum member cdub for giving me this plant back in July!

Looks like a sheath to me, but it dose not look that much smaller then the first growth, it should do just fine. Jim.

Careful not to get water down in there- Ho Chi Minh spikes are fairly slow to develop.

-Ernie

Holy sweetness. Twice in 9 months. Not too shabby. Those leaves sure are pretty.

Yup, whenever I have a Paph that starts putting out another leaf before the previous one is mature size, I start looking for buds. It's a clue that almost never fails me.

-K

Zach, I expect an update photo every 8 minutes. Then Matt G can put them into a composite time lapse.

Congratulations! Now the waiting begins........! Soon you will be tearing your hair out.........Then comes the #&$&I^*$#@#$!!!! Finally you will be sweet-talking it........playing soft music & ......eventually......tra-la--la ...it will open--many months later!

L I Jane said:
Congratulations! Now the waiting begins........! Soon you will be tearing your hair out.........Then comes the #&$&I^*$#@#$!!!! Finally you will be sweet-talking it........playing soft music & ......eventually......tra-la--la ...it will open--many months later!

I don't think I'll have to worry about that... It'll probably blast next week!

Latest posts

Back